Android Apps Enabled on Windows Devices with Native x86 Runtime from BlueStacks

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 30, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

A start-up company called "BlueStacks", is developing an x86 runtime environment within Windows that will allow the use of Android apps along-side Windows apps. To be clear, this is not an emulator, but is an actual way to run Android apps directly within the Microsoft Windows system. the software technology has impressed investors enough that they have sunk $7.6 Million into BlueStacks to get the technology going. Here are a couple of quotes from the arstechnica.com article,
    The article also indicated,
    Right now the company is developing partnerships with hardware companies to generate interest in shipping the BlueStacks Android runtime with their products. They plan to demonstrate the technology at Computex, and intend to have a downloadable working alpha version in June or July.

This would be pretty impressive, if it actually works as advertised. There are a ton of ways that utilizing and synchronizing Android apps directly with your home or work PC could be useful. What do you guys think?

Source: Android.net via arstechnica.com
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Yes, neat idea. I have some widgets I'd love to run on the PC (yes, I could probably find many I just don't feel like searching when I already search for Android and IOS apps).

Curious as to how this will work, given that the apps are designed to work with a touchscreen. I'd assume a mouse click can substitute.
Search tags for this page

android java runtime for bluestacks

bluestack android runtime date

bluestack forum

bluestacks for windows x86
bluestacks native
bluestacks windows x86
descargar bluestacks x86
download blue stacks native run time data
download bluestacks win7 x86
download bluestacks x86
download java runtime for bluestacks