rumors of iphone to verizon tomorrow...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am going to best buy to buy a new laptop for school. For giggles ima ask about the ipad hahaha.

OP
T

treo700w

Reaction score
That was it? No other announcements related to the iphone or verizon?

I hope 2.1 will improve or fix my Droid issues. When is VZN getting N1?

:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was it? No other announcements related to the iphone or verizon?

I hope 2.1 will improve or fix my Droid issues. When is VZN getting N1?

:)

And just what are these "issues" you are having that you want 2.1 to fix?

OP
T

treo700w

Reaction score
"issues" that i would like fixed are "Activity Dialer (in process com.android.phone) is not responding", phone randomly rebooting (at least 3x a week), being able to receive and send non-gmail email out in "real-time"

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
"issues" that i would like fixed are "Activity Dialer (in process com.android.phone) is not responding", phone randomly rebooting (at least 3x a week), being able to receive and send non-gmail email out in "real-time"

Reason I ask is because many times these issues can be fixed. In your case I would suggest that you do a factory reset and start adding your apps back on one at a time. If you still are having resets then there is something wrong with your phone. The majority of us do not have that problem so it's got to be either an app acting up or you simply have a bad phone. Non gmail will never be in real time, that doesn't happen even with Blackberry.

gentlefury

Reaction score

not sure what Activity Dialer is...so I don't know if it works on mine. No random reboots here......as for non-gmail...why not just forward them all to gmail...that's what ive always done. Why use something other than gmail on a GOOGLE phone....seems like your just asking for problems.

ipawd1

Reaction score
Its sad, when you're at the "top" you feel like you can do it all with the puzzle pieces you have.

The Steelers & Patriots, and Bulls thought the same thing.

Every dynasty ends. Apple better enjoy its run...

coondogg97

Reaction score
Its sad, when you're at the "top" you feel like you can do it all with the puzzle pieces you have.

The Steelers & Patriots, and Bulls thought the same thing.

Every dynasty ends. Apple better enjoy its run...

I think Microsoft would have been a better analogy. :icon_ devil:

Mongoose

Reaction score
The iPhone is a good device. It's simple and easy to work with and certainly takes the guesswork out of a lot of things. It also has it's drawbacks but for simplicity of use for the non-technically oriented types, I don't thnk it can be beat as evidenced by the simple fact that it IS the #1 selling smartphone.

The iPhone coming to VZN scares me. Someone else on the forum said that if the iPhones come to VZN then the migration from AT&T would be huge and iPhone users will clog up the system. I think that whoever said that is right on the money. It is what happened to AT&T which actually has a significantly faster system than VZN. Personally, I hope the iPhone stays right where it is and that AT&T will build it's system up to handle the traffic. That will cause lower prices all around and we ALL benefit.

As far as the DROID vs the iPhone...now theres an arguement that will NEVER be settled. Both phones have their pro's and con's. I'm thankful that if I'm not happy with whatever phone I am using, then I have alternatives. That and VZN's service is what brought me to the DROID. If the day comes when I'm not satisfied with either...then I can switch. Thank goodness...:icon_ devil:

I totally agree with everything you said with the exception of a couple things..........Significantly faster? Faster yes but not significantly AND is only faster when in their (considerably smaller) 3G service area. Clog the system?? VZW would already have taken that into consideration if there was indeed a migration of the iphone to verizons wireless network.

The fact remains....the Iphone is a great device, matter of fact the ipod touch (iphone without calling capabilities) is a great device. I won't say anything bad about Apple, at least they are competing.

All said and done.......i will stick with the droid

These are pretty good points, i will however point out that, AT&T's infrastructure is TERRIBLE! I mean not just like haha look at that funny thing... but OMG WTF did they do.. type thing. There might be a small congestion in very very specific areas, but hell you can't even use your iphone in new york city.. take that for bad.

I've never said anything bad about apple devices, other then most of the times they are not for me. I probably would have had an iphone already if it wasn't for AT&T. AT&T is definitely not for me. They are pretty awesome devices.

That being said, the device that comes to verizon will not be the 3gs, it will be a different device from what i understand, also from what i understood the product line should be unveiled at the show later today. So lets keep our eyes open for that. I think the iphone coming to verizon will be a mixed blessing. If the device truly is an updated iphone with a newer OS or better device, it might make more of a dent, if it's the same OS with the same type device, it will still make a dent, just not as big in my opinion.

From what you said, I'm interpreting that an iPhone presently on the AT&T network would not be backwards compatible with VZN and that VZN iphones will not work on the AT&T network. That wouldn't be bad. If that were the case I would look hard at that device for my wife. I am still to enamored with the DROID to switch...despite a few of it's cockroaches. LOL.

As far as AT&T goes, I have read alot of the horror stories and have even listened to a few in person...but where I live (Puget Sound area) they are faster...period !! A buddy of mine has the 3GS and we were comparing his 3GS and my DROID. We were in a bar and the phones were about a foot away from each other. Both were equipped with Google voice which we used to access web sites. The 3GS was consistently faster going to identical websites...sometimes by as much as a full 5 seconds. Thats a loooong time. Say what you will about AT&T...out here they they have some adequate (nowhere near as good as VZN) coverage and they ARE faster. My friend did concede that his coverage area isn't all that great compared to mine...and that he's looking real hard at the DROID once his contract w/ AT&T expires...

Seems that experiences differ depending on where you are...but this is an extremely tech heavy area and to even be considered a player in the Seattle/Puget Sound area...your stuff had better be wrapped pretty tight or you wont even get out of the starting gate. AT&T brought a full package and spent big money out here...so they do well...but VZN brought more, and they do better. ... Feel sorry for the rest of you guys. :icon_ devil: