(Rumor) Verizon planning To End All Unlimited Data Plans By End Of 2014!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I don't get the insurance either I take good care of my phones and don't let it out of my sight

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I take care of my phones too, until one night I tripped and feel into the pool. I agree that it isn't much of a deal, with a $100 deductible. With my new phone costing $600 insurance seems to be a little better.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I take care of my phones too, until one night I tripped and feel into the pool. I agree that it isn't much of a deal, with a $100 deductible. With my new phone costing $600 insurance seems to be a little better.

Yikes!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3

jseah

Reaction score

I have never signed up for insurance in the past. I was always careful with phones, and even if something happened, one of our lines would either be eligible for an upgrade or would be really close to being eligible. However, since I have to pay full price for phones now, it is more of a "savings" having to pay the insurance and a $100 deductible versus paying $700 retail for a new phone.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
since I have to pay full price for phones now, it is more of a "savings" having to pay the insurance and a $100 deductible versus paying $700 retail for a new phone.

It definitely makes more sense if you're paying full retail, but I think still a horrid ROI when you factor in alternatives (such as buying a 6-mo old phone on EBAY, or flipping your old one when you upgrade). You'd have to lose/break a phone every 2-3 years to break-even.