Rubix issue possibly

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Both gmail and my exchange accounts show I have unread messages, but I don't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sephtin

Reaction score
If you have an exchange account sync'ing, I believe that's a blur function, and it's my understanding that that app was removed (drod can probably answer that for sure)...

The only setting I know of that would have any affect on this issue.. is gmail sync' checked:
menu button> Settings> Accounts> your Gmail acct> Sync Gmail (make sure it's checked).

To help troubleshoot... a few questions:
-- During the installation of the ROM, you did format the cache, and data, correct?
-- Have you restored data from backup (backup pro, or titanium)? If so, you probably restored this problem along with it.
--Since installing the ROM, what else have you installed/changed/configured (IE: themes, etc.)

Hope this helps, GL!

droid_freak

Reaction score
Both gmail and my exchange accounts show I have unread messages, but I don't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Don't have that issue with mine. Have you tired clearing data from your mail apps and re-syncing?

OP
johnomaz

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ya, I did clear the data. I think I found out why the Exchange mail was showing more unread then there was. My phone would see the new message, but I would read it on the computer. After I read one on the phone, the number reset. As for the gmail issue, it hasn't happened again. Its pretty much a non issue since its only a number, but was just bringing it up.