1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rubix issue possibly

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by johnomaz, Oct 5, 2010.

1. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Both gmail and my exchange accounts show I have unread messages, but I don't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. sephtin

sephtin New Member

If you have an exchange account sync'ing, I believe that's a blur function, and it's my understanding that that app was removed (drod can probably answer that for sure)...

The only setting I know of that would have any affect on this issue.. is gmail sync' checked:
    menu button> Settings> Accounts> your Gmail acct> Sync Gmail (make sure it's checked).

To help troubleshoot... a few questions:
    -- During the installation of the ROM, you did format the cache, and data, correct?
    -- Have you restored data from backup (backup pro, or titanium)? If so, you probably restored this problem along with it.
    --Since installing the ROM, what else have you installed/changed/configured (IE: themes, etc.)

Hope this helps, GL!
  3. droid_freak

droid_freak New Member

Don't have that issue with mine. Have you tired clearing data from your mail apps and re-syncing?
  4. millbean

millbean New Member

check in the all mail label
  5. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

Ya, I did clear the data. I think I found out why the Exchange mail was showing more unread then there was. My phone would see the new message, but I would read it on the computer. After I read one on the phone, the number reset. As for the gmail issue, it hasn't happened again. Its pretty much a non issue since its only a number, but was just bringing it up.