Rubix issue possibly

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by johnomaz, Oct 5, 2010.

1. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +332
    Both gmail and my exchange accounts show I have unread messages, but I don't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2. sephtin

sephtin Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you have an exchange account sync'ing, I believe that's a blur function, and it's my understanding that that app was removed (drod can probably answer that for sure)...

The only setting I know of that would have any affect on this issue.. is gmail sync' checked:
    menu button> Settings> Accounts> your Gmail acct> Sync Gmail (make sure it's checked).

To help troubleshoot... a few questions:
    -- During the installation of the ROM, you did format the cache, and data, correct?
    -- Have you restored data from backup (backup pro, or titanium)? If so, you probably restored this problem along with it.
    --Since installing the ROM, what else have you installed/changed/configured (IE: themes, etc.)

Hope this helps, GL!

3. droid_freak

droid_freak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't have that issue with mine. Have you tired clearing data from your mail apps and re-syncing?

4. millbean

millbean Member

Ratings:
    +0
    check in the all mail label

5. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +332
    Ya, I did clear the data. I think I found out why the Exchange mail was showing more unread then there was. My phone would see the new message, but I would read it on the computer. After I read one on the phone, the number reset. As for the gmail issue, it hasn't happened again. Its pretty much a non issue since its only a number, but was just bringing it up.