Rubix issue possibly

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by johnomaz, Oct 5, 2010.

  1. johnomaz
    Offline

    johnomaz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    Messages:
    2,461
    Likes Received:
    249
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    Both gmail and my exchange accounts show I have unread messages, but I don't.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. sephtin
    Offline

    sephtin New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2010
    Messages:
    1,807
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    If you have an exchange account sync'ing, I believe that's a blur function, and it's my understanding that that app was removed (drod can probably answer that for sure)...

    The only setting I know of that would have any affect on this issue.. is gmail sync' checked:
    menu button> Settings> Accounts> your Gmail acct> Sync Gmail (make sure it's checked).

    To help troubleshoot... a few questions:
    -- During the installation of the ROM, you did format the cache, and data, correct?
    -- Have you restored data from backup (backup pro, or titanium)? If so, you probably restored this problem along with it.
    --Since installing the ROM, what else have you installed/changed/configured (IE: themes, etc.)

    Hope this helps, GL!
  3. droid_freak
    Offline

    droid_freak New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2010
    Messages:
    103
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    ID
    Don't have that issue with mine. Have you tired clearing data from your mail apps and re-syncing?
  4. millbean
    Offline

    millbean New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2010
    Messages:
    225
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    check in the all mail label
  5. johnomaz
    Offline

    johnomaz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    Messages:
    2,461
    Likes Received:
    249
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Central Valley, California
    Ya, I did clear the data. I think I found out why the Exchange mail was showing more unread then there was. My phone would see the new message, but I would read it on the computer. After I read one on the phone, the number reset. As for the gmail issue, it hasn't happened again. Its pretty much a non issue since its only a number, but was just bringing it up.