Contacts

jdub71

Reaction score
Is it possible (and are there clear instructions) to use a blurry rom like Chevy's or rubix but have the vanilla contacts app like in rubix focused? I like the extra toys in a blurry rom but not enough to put up with the blurry contacts app.
Thanks
Jason

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score
Is it possible (and are there clear instructions) to use a blurry rom like Chevy's or rubix but have the vanilla contacts app like in rubix focused? I like the extra toys in a blurry rom but not enough to put up with the blurry contacts app.
Thanks
Jason

What specific features of Blur are you after? That might help find you something that would be the best fit.. ?

OP
J

jdub71

Reaction score
DLNA media sharing and FM radio are the first two that come to mind. Some of the widgets might be nice too. Are you suggesting it would be easier to add these elements to my focused rom than adding the contacts app to a blurry one? That could work for me I suppose.
Thanks

sephtin

Reaction score
DLNA media sharing and FM radio are the first two that come to mind. Some of the widgets might be nice too. Are you suggesting it would be easier to add these elements to my focused rom than adding the contacts app to a blurry one? That could work for me I suppose.
Thanks

Not suggesting anything yet.. just wanted to know what blur stuff you wanted, as some of it can be easily put back into place.. and some of it requires blur framework, which simply isn't a part of a blurless ROM like Fission/Focused. :(

Example: DLNA I **think** has been made to work with Fission Focused, but FMRadio isn't happening anytime soon.

SO, knowing what your requirements are.. it's easier to suggest something. Based on your need for FM Radio, you are pretty much stuck using a ROM that is derived from the BLUR framework. Apex maybe, or ? From there, tons of customizations can be made...
Unfortunately, I can't speak to whether or not the AOSP contacts app can be run natively on blur framework at all.. as I've not run anything with blur since around Focused 0.3 was released (except on and off for testing)... That would be a question I'd ask in the forum of the ROM you'd like to try. I bet if you posted in the Apex thread, and asked if the AOSP contacts app works, they would help you out! :)

GL finding what you're looking for. Choice is what I love about android!

Edit: Or better yet! You could always nandroid, and give it a try...? :)
You have a backup if anything goes wrong.. and if it works on the first try, you're all set!