Rooting Dinc2 with 2.2.1

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Okay, few things about that.

Whenever i've done this, It never recognized when i named it PG32IMG.zip, I Always had to take the .zip out and name it PG32IMG.zip because it'd just recognize that it was already PG32IMG.zip

This time, No. I just put it in
PG32IMG thinking it'd pop up, but I guess not.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Try it named PG32IMG.zip

Also if you are using Windows, make sure you don't have file extensions hidden or you could wind up with PG32IMG.zip.zip and not even know it.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Oh and after it installs and before you reboot for the first time, go to recovery and do a factory reset.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Okay. it's on the SD card now as PG32IMG.zip, but when I go into HBoot, it doesn't recognize it, and when I go into boot it, it says no such file, like trying to find it.

ABQNM

Reaction score
I am testing the download right now, give me a minute.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Okay, stupid me. had a dummy in there. Was wondering why that put on there so fast.

So just for S&G's, I Tried doing Software Update when I was in 2.2.1, and still No go, even after I Rooted, and Unrooted successfully. Does that mean I'm entirely Effed, or no? because I didn't factory reset and remove PG32IMG

ABQNM

Reaction score
OK... What version is it on right now? 2.2.1, right? Sorry I typed the wrong one the first time

GreenAcid

Reaction score
It's installing PG32IMG.zip, to 2.3.3 from the Android Police website. It was on 2.2.1...

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Am I entirely effed though since I didn't get an OTA Update Notice with 2.2.1?

Should I have? I Have a feeling i just did the same thing i did last night, but now i have 2.3.3 lol and still can't OTA to 2.3.4

ABQNM

Reaction score
The fact that you tried to update from 2.2.1 and it didn't work doesn't worry me too much as it is two versions behind and I believe it can only host one update at a time, which is why you need to be on 2.3.3 to get to 2.3.4.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what was the app you used from the market to unroot?

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Just to help out a little bit

(1) SPLASH - OK
(2) USERDATA - OK
(3) BOOTLOADER - OK
(4) RECOVERY - OK
(5) TP - OK
(6) SYSTEM -
(7) TP - BYPASSED
(8) BOOT - OK
(9) RADIO_V2 - OK
(10) RADIO_CUST - OK

Should all of those been "OK"? It said Bypassed last time for #7, and i figured that was okay

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Okay, Just rebooted...Crossing fingers...still haven't Deleted PG32IMG, or factory reset....but nearly there.

ABQNM

Reaction score
That result looks fine. Just go factory reset it and then boot it up and you should be able to get the OTA. The Ginger Unroot just removes root, but does not restore any missing apps or files or restore the bootloader to stock S-On. Without the bootloader stock and the factory files, all updates will fail.