How to root Dinc2 after 2.3 upgrade?

ABQNM

Reaction score
just curious if anyone knows....does unrevoked have it done yet? so you can just do the one click?

There is no one click. The root method for Gingerbread 2.3.3 is at revolutionary.io and requires a computer. If you took the newest update to 2.3.4,you are out of luck at the moment. No method released for that yet.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

hbsurfer

Reaction score
can anyone help me asap???
need to know how do i know if cwm is on phone!
i'm following the guide and my screen disappeared so i am trying to install it if i need to and step #12 is somewhat unlear to me!
can someone help?
thanks!

hbsurfer

Reaction score
well i just proceeded with it...and it is rooted!
worked like a charm! wow is this baby fast!!! got rid of all that crap-ware too!
thank you for an awesome way to root!
really appreciate it!!!
you are cool in my book! LOL

ABQNM

Reaction score
Glad you got it done. Enjoy the power. This phone has a lot of potential with root and s-off.

hbsurfer

Reaction score
ok...so now......

just for your opinion....
why do you like cm7?
i'm a business man and like the way i have it now with go launcher.
it's very smooth! what does cm7 really do for it?
do i lose everything if i install it?
do you have a link?
thanks!

ABQNM

Reaction score
just for your opinion....
why do you like cm7?
i'm a business man and like the way i have it now with go launcher.
it's very smooth! what does cm7 really do for it?
do i lose everything if i install it?
do you have a link?
thanks!

First let me preface this with my suggestion: if it works for you and you don't enjoy just flashing to try things out, then why change?

That said, CM7 is stock-ish android experience and is a great ROM to customize how you see fit. Much of that is done with mods or apps or widgets from the market or otherwise. It is very minimal in that it has none of the carrier or manufacturer customizations like HTC Sense or Motorola's Blur. It will have much more free ram than stock since none of the custom widgets or social services are running and sense is not eating up 100mb. So if you want a stock-ish android experience that is blazing fast that you can customize with apps, mods or widgets from the market or forums then CM7 is good for you. It can be as little or as much as you want.

Yes you lose everything when you install it and you definitely want to do a backup first. The backup can be done from rom manager paid as well as the CM7 download. The nightlife are what you want and make sure to download gapps so you will have the market.

ABQNM

Reaction score
what is gapps?
and so i have to reinstall the apps, etc...?

That is how rom manager refers to google apps such as the market and gmail, etc. You can do it from the computer by getting google apps from here http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip and the CM7 nightly from here: CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution You can follow the instructions from this thread, but don't use the downloads. Use the links I gave you. CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Incredible 2 :DINC2: V7.1.0-Beta1 (3 July 2011) - xda-developers

Yes you will lose all your apps and data and everything. Your contacts if synced to google will come back after you add your google account on CM7. If you have it enabled and the market works like it is supposed to (this has only ever worked for me one time), when you first sign into the market it will re-download all your apps. Even if it doesn't, all your paid apps will be listed in Menu > My Downloads in the market. A good option is Titanium Backup Pro, as you can backup all your apps and data and just restore it on CM7. Now you would never restore SYSTEM data from other OS, but you can restore all apps and their data. This will keep your settings and things for your apps and you can just install Titanium on CM7 and then restore all the apps and their data. If this is your first ROM flash, make sure to read through the threads in the ROMS subforum here and the above threads first, so you have an idea as to what you are getting into.

hbsurfer

Reaction score
ok now you're scaring me! LOL
not sure I want to or need to go through all that hassle!
not sure i want to do ALL that... is it worth it?
most apps i have are free or got through 4shared so i would have to reinstall all.
i already have titanium pro...so no problem there.
would i have to re-add all my contacts?

ABQNM

Reaction score
ok now you're scaring me! LOL
not sure I want to or need to go through all that hassle!
not sure i want to do ALL that... is it worth it?
most apps i have are free or got through 4shared so i would have to reinstall all.
i already have titanium pro...so no problem there.
would i have to re-add all my contacts?

Haha that was the reason for my preface earlier. If what you have now is working, do you really need to change? If you are not one who likes to experiment and try out new ROMs with a bit of risk, then maybe it is not for you. So it is up to you to decide if it is worth it. Do you want to just try something new? You can do it, but there is always risk involved. If what you have now does not do something you want or you prefer plain vanilla android, then CM7 could be right for you.

Some notes and cautions: When you backup your phone through rom manager or through ClockworkMod Recovery, you can just restore that backup if you do not like CM7. Usually. Sometimes you may have issues with google syncing and have to delete data for the google apps after restoring a backup to get them to re-sync. Not always, but it does happen, so prepare for the fact that you may have to go through some troubleshooting if you restore a backup or even factory reset it after you do.

I am not trying to scare you away from this as CM7 is a great ROM, but I am just letting you know of what you are up against to decide if it is really the right move for you, as it is not for everyone. Good luck!

ABQNM

Reaction score
It is a little bit faster, but primarily it is for those that don't like HTC Sense or want a(n almost) pure Google Experience like the Nexus phones with a little bit of tweakability thrown in. I love CM7 on older or slower devices, but this device can handle sense 2.1 perfectly well. If you need more speed or want less HTC Sense, then CM7 is great. There are other great ROMs too. I am currently running MIUI, which is a whole different animal all together. For a daily driver, Sense 2.1 Stock is great. I used it for a month that way with GO Launcher and had no complaints. As soon as I could root GB, the nerd in me took over and I got flash happy.