Rooted with "FRG01B by Pete", and today got an OTA system update notification

saobi

Reaction score
The notifcation is:

"This software update includees new enchancements to enable the download of Flash via market, and multiple security improvements..."

What should I do?

TopSniper

Reaction score
accept it, your recovery should block the update from applying

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two options -- ignore or accept. Since you are rooted, if you accept the download your phone should prevent the install. If you have reservations make a backup first.

OP
S

saobi

Reaction score
Are you sure the installation will be prevented? I have SPRecovery (not like easy root or rom manager or any of that fancyh stuff) and a custom kernel.

And it looks like this update is already downloaded and just ready to be installed.

Turtle Droid

Reaction score
Not Rooted - and I got an OTA system update notification

The notifcation is:

"This software update includes new enchancements to enable the download of Flash via market, and multiple security improvements..."

I already did the manual update 2.2 weeks ago and installed flash 10.1 myself. I have not had any problems, so how can I and should I bypass this update?

Thanks for any help! dancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SPR will fail the installation.

OP
S

saobi

Reaction score
Ok Thank you very much. But is there a newer version than FRG01B for rooted Droid that I should install?

Smokie

Reaction score
this has been asked so many times, yes we are sure, yes it will definately be blocked.. it will sometimes get stuck on the Motorola M.. just let it sit there and it will eventually reboot itself and be fine.. no install regardless of the fact that its already downloaded.. as long as you have recovery flashed.. you are good to go.