Can not regain root on a bionic

mschn99

Reaction score
Here is my situation..... I had a rooted bionic via Pete's 1 click root. I rooted my phone via my wifes computer (windows 7). I recieved the newest update tonight and wanted to download it, so i read up on it. I did what i found was the proper procedure (using my windows XP computer). I downloaded pete's software to my computer, un rooted it, planned to re root it and do the forever root on my phone and then update. Problem is after the un root, my phone wont root at all now. I did it via the newest software Pete has out, and then tried his older version. His newer version gives me an error after the third reboot of my phone. the older version says it roots my phone but superuser (and all other apps of course) cant gain root access. Any thoughts??

brockw1964

Reaction score
Here is my situation..... I had a rooted bionic via Pete's 1 click root. I rooted my phone via my wifes computer (windows 7). I recieved the newest update tonight and wanted to download it, so i read up on it. I did what i found was the proper procedure (using my windows XP computer). I downloaded pete's software to my computer, un rooted it, planned to re root it and do the forever root on my phone and then update. Problem is after the un root, my phone wont root at all now. I did it via the newest software Pete has out, and then tried his older version. His newer version gives me an error after the third reboot of my phone. the older version says it roots my phone but superuser (and all other apps of course) cant gain root access. Any thoughts??

I am pretty much experiencing the same thing. cannot re root after update. Error message states "ADB is not recognized" etc. Also, su binary not present.

Any way to resolve?

Thanks in advance!