Rooted My D2 Last Night

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Developer Reply

He says it will not be an issue, all you have to do is use the unroot option. Good enough for me.:)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
click the problem button...it will download busybox for you. this is for an issue with titanium backup.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hook the apps I would recommend is titanium backup premium. Freeze your apps and as long as you unfreeze them you will have no problem with an ota. Other then your wifi tethering apps that is all I would recommend unless you want to get into bootstrapping and rom manager which I know you dont.

I paid for Titanium Premium once before and it did not show up in my download files. I'm not going to use it again.

MyBackupPro will do a back up of the actual application, when rooted. First time I brought it up after rooting it said that I was rooted and asked if I wanted to now do the actual back up of the apps.

Anyway the dev of the app says it doesn't matter, it will bring me back to stock. I suppose I could try it to make sure but I don't have any reason to not believe him.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
idk i just seem skeptical that an app that is supposed to root you will fix anything u do with root.

PC, do u have the D2 system dump link by chance?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and when did you buy TBU? was it before androids market allowed purchases out of the US? bc the dev sent me a license that i have on the root on my sdcard that unlocks the full version

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
and when did you buy TBU? was it before androids market allowed purchases out of the US? bc the dev sent me a license that i have on the root on my sdcard that unlocks the full version

I'll be darned. I looked at my receipt for Titanium and it appears I cancelled my order.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
deff a lot more functions than my backup pro especially since TBU is only for rooted users lol

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
deff a lot more functions than my backup pro especially since TBU is only for rooted users lol

You're right it's better. I wish I would have understood that. I did ask someone for advice before I deleted the programs, I asked Miami and he said delete them. :rolleyes:

But like I said it's no more then 5 programs I removed, none of them were blur. So when we come to that fork in the road, I'll give you a holler. Or pc747.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
haha no problem :) TBU also backs up remotely for those really unfortunate experiences