Download to the root of your sd card???

km75

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I understand the root to basically mean a file will show up on the sd card without having to go into a folder. The reason I want to know is because I have a boot animation that I want to use. But it order for me to install it it has to be on the root of the sd card but presently its in a folder.I've been looking all over the place and can't find any solid current info. D2 running liberty gb v. 0.8 with gingercomb juiced theme.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jrracinfan

Reaction score
That's exactly what it means. Connect it to your PC and move the bootani

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
I guess that's really my question? How do I move it? I'm looking for the steps. So any info or links with info you might be able to provide would be really helpful. I don't mind reading at all. Its just that for some reason it seems like everyting I was reading was sorely outdated.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
In order for it to be in the root of the sd card, it should show up as one of the first thing you see on it (if you were to click on the sd card logo to access the data, you would see it along with any folder and other stuff you might have on there).

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
In order for it to be in the root of the sd card, it should show up as one of the first thing you see on it (if you were to click on the sd card logo to access the data, you would see it along with any folder and other stuff you might have on there).

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

I get that part. The part I don't get is how you would get it to the root of the sd if its in a folder already.

mack19318

Reaction score
Open the folder and then long press on the item, it will give you options like, copy,delete,move. Select copy then press back button and press menu and select option to paste.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
Open the folder and then long press on the item, it will give you options like, copy,delete,move. Select copy then press back button and press menu and select option to paste.

You do realize that I'm trying to move a boot animation zip file so I can install it right?

mack19318

Reaction score
Yeah and if you need the animation on the root of your sd card that's how to do to do it within your file manager.

OP
K

km75

Reaction score
Yeah and if you need the animation on the root of your sd card that's how to do to do it within your file manager.

Ok. So where would I paste the file to?

mack19318

Reaction score
After you long press and select copy hit the back button on your phone that will bring you to the root of your sd card then press menu and select paste. Just to be sure after words close file manager and re open go to your sd card and the file you moved should show without needing to go into any other folders.