Rooted Droid x Phone keypad wont show up??

Rampy

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid x version 2.2.1 yesterday. downloaded bootstraper, droid x overclock, and have been trying to change my boot animation. but ive noticed that when i go to my phones dial pad it just flashes a black screen once and goes right back to my home page... any sugestions?

OP
R

Rampy

Reaction score
it wont show up when its unrooted either... is there a download for the same (or different) dial pad?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I have a rooted Droid but I do not know what to advise on the issue you are having so I'm moving your thread to the X hacking section.

Mike

Haloman800

Reaction score
Homescreen, menu, settings, language & keyboard, check desired keyboard (swype, stock, etc).

=) you're welcome!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Homescreen, menu, settings, language & keyboard, check desired keyboard (swype, stock, etc).

=) you're welcome!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I think he's having problems with the dialer not the keyboard

tappin and a talkin

OP
R

Rampy

Reaction score
ok, tried that... the key pad for texting and entering info is still there. i wasn't specific enough. its the dial pad for the phone for when your dialing a number to call out. it wont show up

OP
R

Rampy

Reaction score
if i were to upload a new theme like 'The Ultimate Droid-Droid x RC2" would that give me a new dial pad?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its usually just a themed one so idk. did you delete any of the bloat?

OP
R

Rampy

Reaction score
no, i didn't delete any blot. i just unrooted and wiped the phone in settings. now when i push the phone button (bottom left on the home screen) i goes black and goes back to the home screen. cant get to the dial pad button anymore

OP
R

Rampy

Reaction score
oh, and it puts the phone into no service for about 2 seconds when you push it

KerrAvon

Reaction score
Did you change your LCD Density? The new dialer will not work on anything other than the stock LCD Density.

OP
R

Rampy

Reaction score
ok, so i think i deleted or the "dialer software" the link is still in my app page but it wont go to it. does any one have an extra? haha

OP
R

Rampy

Reaction score
oh, i did change the lcd density. but i wiped the phone clean of all info and it still does it. do i need to reroot n change it back or will it do it by itself?

OP
R

Rampy

Reaction score
yaaaa! thanx buddy! that did it! mmmmm droid