Root With Write Protection Bypass On The Moto X and New Droid Lineup!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
0.jpg

Last Friday night Jcase released his root for the Moto X and Droid Maxx, Ultra, and Mini! This root allowed us to use root apps, but it lacked the ability to write to system. Being able to write to system allows you to do things like change your bootanimation. Several other modifications can be made with the write protection bypass. The newest root is as simple as the previous method. All you will need to do is download the PwnMyMoto app from the source link below. Run the app which will apply the root. Then install SuperSU from the Play Store.

This method keeps write protection enabled like normal when the phone is booted up, but bypasses write protection when you are in recovery mode. You still should not accept any OTA updates if you would like to keep root since the exploits and root will more than likely be patched. Also custom recoveries are still being developed by Hashc0de and Dhacker. Maybe we will have custom roms for this device soon.

Via XDA

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Bought my Maxx Friday morning after seeing jcase found root exploit. Rooted and enjoying my upgrade from my trusty Bionic!

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2