Root programs having issues

koaxke

Reaction score
I rooted my phone two months or so ago and installed a couple of programs, which worked for a few weeks. Now I've been having issues with an ad program (forgot the name) and titanium backup getting root access. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

REMilk

Reaction score
Did you update OTA? If so, then even though you rooted and superuser is on your phone, you may be unrooted.

Bob

OP
K

koaxke

Reaction score
What is OTA? Sorry, this is my first Droid, so I'm still learning things.

OP
K

koaxke

Reaction score
I don't think that I did, but could it have happened automatically? If so, do I need to unroot, and then reroot my phone?

pzeronoir

Reaction score
Assuming you did not update to GB 2.3.4, did you update Superuser? Check to see if you are using SU 3.0.5. Quite a few people have run into root problems with the new version. If so, the first, and easiest potential solution, is to uninstall the SU update, which you can do directly from the Market.

OP
K

koaxke

Reaction score
I just checked and I was running a much older version of SU, so that wasn't the problem (I updated it now). Titanium backup is still giving me problems. I just checked my phone and I do have 2.3.4. Is that the problem? If so, how do I go about fixing it?

pzeronoir

Reaction score
I just checked and I was running a much older version of SU, so that wasn't the problem (I updated it now). Titanium backup is still giving me problems. I just checked my phone and I do have 2.3.4. Is that the problem? If so, how do I go about fixing it?

I'm pretty sure you're F'd until someone develops a root for GB 2.3.4. It took devs about a month to root 2.3.3, so I'd guess it won't be much longer on 2.3.4.

OP
K

koaxke

Reaction score
****, really? Is there any way once the root for the 2.3.4 comes out, that I can make it to where my phone won't update itself automatically like that?