Programs gone missing

awally11

Reaction score
Had the Droid 3 for a day now and have had 2 programs which i had moved to the media area uninstall or be unable to open. The first one was Movies and didn't show up anywhere in the applications menu, which i had to reinstall from the market. I though maybe i hadn't installed it or accidentally uninstalled it but then it happened again. The second time was Gentle Alarm when trying to open i wasn't able to find it, the Amazon market said it was installed but couldn't even open it through that. In the applications menu it showed up but looked different, i was able to uninstall then reinstall. Has anyone else notice this happen?

Edit: I had it happen to three more programs while i was out last night. I decided to move everything off the media area since i figure 2Gb for program storage will be enough. However, i would be curious if anyone else has had this issue or if some people could test moving programs to the media area. Would like to determine if it is my phone or an issue with with the software.

Last edited:

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I noticed some of my apps disappearing randomly. I don't know if it was from this, but I moved all my apps to the apps partition today. Think I'm going to leave it there. In the Moto forums a moto tech said to leave them there unless you start running out of room, so that's what I'm going to do.

spottedcatfish

Reaction score
I think anything that does notifications and widgets needs to live on the phone in order to be happy. I've had a couple games (Chuzzle and Age of Zombies to be specific) on the media area and not had any problems. They play well and save progress and everything they're supposed to.