RoOoLeR's Guide to ROOT / BACKUP / ROMS for 2.2 OTA

OP
roooler

roooler

Reaction score
I tried z4root too and it just didnt do anything!

Are you sure that your phone isnt already rooted?/?

I would try to uninstall z4root...reinstall it and then try to root the phone Via z4root..

If that doesnt work.. your best bet is to Root it the Manual way like addressed in this thread.. or else try to get those drivers installed..

all in all.. ill help however i can

OP
roooler

roooler

Reaction score
I heard they were taking z4root off the market.

There was talk about it, because it was said to be infected with "Malware" however thats just what i heard..

Then again i was told yesterday that the app is in the market and working perfectly. ;)

Ghillie_55

Reaction score
Lol went to the market and it is now gone today.... You have the instructions to manually plug in all the numbers and goods?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So its off the Market but those that have it can still use it? I rooted mine 1-click rootmyx2 method. But still grabbed z4root for the heck of it.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

killa_beatz

Reaction score
Dang! I missed getting z4root by one day. It's gone from the market now. Which method of rooting is the best for a Droid X??

killa_beatz

Reaction score
This is a great thread! I'm a 2 day old noob and I just finished rooting and backing up my phone thanks to this thread. Ok now more reading so i can overclock and try putting a a custom ROM on the phone

maderschramm

Reaction score
you can go to xda's website to get z4 root. just google "z4root xda". Keep the app on your sdcard for future use :D

mugsy77

Reaction score
Can somebody confirm supported/recommended Clockworkmod Recovery for DX as well as ROM Manager? Getting mixed posts on versions working/not working for Nandroid Backup/Restore. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
roooler

roooler

Reaction score
Can somebody confirm supported/recommended Clockworkmod Recovery for DX as well as ROM Manager? Getting mixed posts on versions working/not working for Nandroid Backup/Restore. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Hopefully i answer your question(s) -

- Koush's DroidX BootStrap is the ONLY WAY to flash Clockwork onto the DroidX.

- ROM Manager does work on the DroidX however it CANNOT flash ClockWork onto the DroidX.. It can still flash ROMS.

- When making a Nandroid Backup Via - Bootstrap -> Clockwork it is recommended that you rename your backups. When Renaming your backup DO NOT put spaces in the file name.. this has been known to cause a Error, when trying to restore them.

Like i said i hope i answered your questions. I have had a long day, and am sort of confused when trying to interpret your question(s)

RoOoLeR