Droid X - GB 596 OTA - Auto-DeOdexer

Droid Xorcist

Reaction score
got it to recognize the phone was attached and reflashed, got it out of the bootloader but now it is just bootlooping through the red eye and droid screen..

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Go into the factory recovery and wipe data. Factory reset.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid Xorcist

Reaction score
I dont know how to boot into factory recovery, or even if it can be done from here. When I boot into bootloader it says code corrupt, when I boot normally it is stuck in bootloader saying exactly the same thing. Im basically working with a countdown timer against me because I was trying to get this done last night and the battery died and then you cant flash anymore, also the phone doesnt charge at all in bootloader so I was screwed. Got a new battery from verizon today and tried flashing again twice, even tried flashing back to the stock 4.5.596 and no go. Am I missing a step possibly in rsdlite? Im starting rsdlite, connecting my phone till it pops up, hitting "..." selecting the sbf file I want to flash, hitting start, it says executing and goes thru its process. Then it says loading ram for bootloader and fails, everytime. This is really screwing me over right now. Anyway to factory reset or boot into a "recovery" mode other then volume down + camera button + home+ power? I must be missing some step in rsdlite because it fails even with different sbf files, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Have you tried using the 2.3.340 Froyo SBF... Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)?

I would Try to SBF back to Froyo. Then do it. If it says code corrupt, you won't be able to get past it until it's fixed. In RSDLite... You are using 4.9? If so... charge the phone using the wall charger. That's the best way. Then verify you have the USB drivers installed properly. Maybe reinstall them.

If all else fails, try this ISO Linux boot CD. HERE

Droid Xorcist

Reaction score
Drivers were fine but uninstalled and reinstalled just to be sure, uninstalled and reinstalled rsdlite v4.9 as well. Flashed froyo and it got stuck saying manually reboot this phone, the phone was already booted and stuck in a bootloop at the red android eye. Disconnected and pulled the battery, manually booted in factory recovery and did a factory reset, its still stuck in a bootloop at the red android eye. There is an option to update from a zip or something similar. Is there a way I can save a file to my sd card and rename update.zip and run that from factory recovery? I dont know what else to possibly check, Ive rooted a few other phones and never had an issue that took longer than a minute to fix, this is going on 24 hours!

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
The full stock version for gingerbread is on the same page as the 2 parter. HERE . It can be installed from factory recovery.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
yup.... right in the root of sdcard

Droid Xorcist

Reaction score
Did it and am now back to a stock 2.3.3, was getting worried there for a min! Ok, well I prob should be more hesitant after all that but to downgrade to group could I concievably save the 2.3.340 file as an update.zip, boot into recovery and "update"? If so would I just search for 2.3.340 update? Thanks for all the help thus far btw!

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
There is a 2.3.340 Update out there. I don't have the link at the moment... but I know there's one out in google world. You shouldn't have any issues doing the 2.3.340 SBF though. Not sure why you had issues with RSDLite before. But, It's worth trying again.

Good luck!

Droid Xorcist

Reaction score
Tried using a 2.3.340 update through factory recovery and that did not work, tried reflashing in rsdlite with the full 2.3.340 sbf and this time it said pass/succesfull yet still gets stuck in a bootloop showing the grey "M" logo which I assume is the stock logo for 2.3.340 and then the red android eye, shows that for about 30 seconds and then goes to the "DROID" logo and bootloops back to the android eye, over and over and over. Only thing I can think is the 2.3.340 sbf file must be missing something vital. Have never had this much trouble with rsdlite or any other phone and have rooted several D1's. I dont know if this matters but while conected with rsdlite the phone bootloops and rsdlite says please manually reboot this phone. At that point its already in a bootloop. Have the latest everything, cant see the problem being anywhere but in the sbf file.

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
So... I'm assuming you did a factory reset... in factory recovery? Wipe data... all that?

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Tried using a 2.3.340 update through factory recovery and that did not work, tried reflashing in rsdlite with the full 2.3.340 sbf and this time it said pass/succesfull yet still gets stuck in a bootloop showing the grey "M" logo which I assume is the stock logo for 2.3.340 and then the red android eye, shows that for about 30 seconds and then goes to the "DROID" logo and bootloops back to the android eye, over and over and over. Only thing I can think is the 2.3.340 sbf file must be missing something vital. Have never had this much trouble with rsdlite or any other phone and have rooted several D1's. I dont know if this matters but while conected with rsdlite the phone bootloops and rsdlite says please manually reboot this phone. At that point its already in a bootloop. Have the latest everything, cant see the problem being anywhere but in the sbf file.

You good now?

OP
ArmyDude

ArmyDude

Reaction score
For those that care... the OTA and the Leak have the same system and framework files. This Auto - DeOdexer will work for both once the OTA is rooted. For now... you still have to root and then do the 2 part method as described in the OP.

papapena25

Reaction score
So has anybody used this Auto-DeOdexer???? I under stand you have to be on 596 rooted, which i am.