RoOoLeR's Guide to ROOT / BACKUP / ROMS for 2.2 OTA

OP
roooler

roooler

Reaction score
Change Log Sunday December 12th.

- Added Multiple Links to Download Z4ROOT!
- Fixed some Confusion on the SBF GUIDE.
- Fixed some steps in the "Setup".

Coming Soon

Full ADB Command guide for Rooting Via Windows.

mugsy77

Reaction score
Hopefully i answer your question(s) -

- Koush's DroidX BootStrap is the ONLY WAY to flash Clockwork onto the DroidX.

- ROM Manager does work on the DroidX however it CANNOT flash ClockWork onto the DroidX.. It can still flash ROMS.

- When making a Nandroid Backup Via - Bootstrap -> Clockwork it is recommended that you rename your backups. When Renaming your backup DO NOT put spaces in the file name.. this has been known to cause a Error, when trying to restore them.

Like i said i hope i answered your questions. I have had a long day, and am sort of confused when trying to interpret your question(s)
RoOoLeR

I speak English, but type it poorly =/ Thank you for answering my questions and thank you for the tip on no spaces... Would of never guessed that might of been my restore problems in the past!

Forgive me if I should pose these questions outside of this post, but I think it would benefit folks rooting and upgrading to ROMs.

Just to clarify I have done what should be done in the correct order, once you install Koush's Droid X Bootstrap (which has recovery 2.5.0.6), I can update the recovery (which latest for DX is 2.5.0.7) via recovery by choosing .zip on sdcard.

I then installed ROM Manager (2.5.1 just updated for Droid X). It will then confirm, as does booting into recovery, that recovery is at 2.5.0.7

As seems well, but I thought I would get confirmation from you and hope it helps others out. :)

OP
roooler

roooler

Reaction score
Added/Changed a few things today.

First - Be advised: Due to numerous emails, i have changed my email address i would appreciate it if people would now contact me at [email protected]
--- I only changed it because im an organization freak, and all the emails mixed with my school emails werent going good with me
wink.png

- Added How to boot into CLockWork Recovery If in a Bootloop. (Good find Thechin!)

erichs2008

Reaction score
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

After going through the steps, I get the su # but when I reboot and reopen the terminal I get the old $ prompt and I can not download a rooted app from the market.

help!!!!

erichs2008

Reaction score
Happy happy joy joy

After much piddling, and a little hacking, voila I'm rooted, tethered, and grinning!!!!

I didn't know I was rooted until I dl'd root app from market and the su permissions popped up.

Thanks a ton!!!!!! Worked like a charm!!!!

MonKENy

Reaction score
Why is this NOT a sticky? This has been hands down the BEST guide ive seen yet. Helped me a TON on getting things done. Thanks for the write up.