Roms For Droid X

nathank

Reaction score
Are there any good ROMs for the Droid X?
I just rooted my Droid X and am looking for the cool stuff. I got the SetCPU app and ROM manager, but other than being allowed to use those apps, I have yet to truely find a reason fro Rooting my phone.
I was hoping to get Froyo on my X.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
As stated there are no ROMs for the X....
There is also no sbf file to flash you device back to stock when you brick it.
(Not if..When)

krayzee

Reaction score
As stated there are no ROMs for the X....
There is also no sbf file to flash you device back to stock when you brick it.
(Not if..When)

I know at the time of writing there was no SBF. But I thought I would update this to let people know that there is an SBF around (sorry cant link for legal reasons) but it is around :) ... Also people are making headway in getting a custom recovery onto the X.. I believe it has been done although its not out in public yet... it won't be long before we are seeing froyo ;) dancedroid

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Check out the Droid X hacks section... just loaded 928Droid Black Glass X theme on my X and it's AWESOME!!!! Couple other themes in that section too now

S

scrub175

Need some love from cvpcs to get droidX a sapphire type ROM. Got a small taste on the OG droid and need some more on the X yo...

Losheau

Reaction score
Heard from birdmans twitter than our rom flashong addiction might be cured soon. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dmo580

Reaction score
bootloader has not been cracked though right? I somehow suspect this device will turn out like the Milestone. of course everyone laughed at me when i brought up the milestone on typical cell phone forums where it's mainly just US users who haven't seen the locked down bootloader till now...

S

scrub175

don't believe so. If or when it does expect that to be headline news. I would imagine the current flock of ROMS will simply rely on stock with customizations, but who knows? If X sapphire performs like the OG droid sapphire I will be very pleased.

mbeta

Reaction score
Apparently some of you have not grasped....custom rom's are 100% possible...only the kernel has to remain stock. The good news is that will be cracked soon as well, it has already been shown secondary kernels can be loaded after boot.