New Droid X Owner...What Rom to start off with?

donelam304

Reaction score
There are people posting on the forums that they are running them on their DX and DInc. Just ask on his forum posts if it works. Someone there will tell ya for sure.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mdowns989

Reaction score
rubiX 1.8.6 is excellent... Liquid Frozen Yogurt does X roms? Where do you find them?

Droid X rubiX 1.8.6 Black Juice Green Mod

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
k so i have a question can i install this rom even though i have a 928BGX theme? and also i have the ROM manager but the rubix in there is 0.5 i think if i download that one and once installed does it have a way to be updated?...

detox

Reaction score
k so i have a question can i install this rom even though i have a 928BGX theme? and also i have the ROM manager but the rubix in there is 0.5 i think if i download that one and once installed does it have a way to be updated?...

When i install a new rom, i always wipe data and cache. Make sure you make a backup before you install. I'll post some instructions

Install Instructions:
Download rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
Move to root of SD Card
Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SD Card
Select rubiXFocused1.8.6.zip
Install Reboot Enjoy
Please note, this has ZERO blur, except for settings, which isn't even blurry. Please do not ask me to add back in blur features, that's not the point of this rom, nor can I support ANY blur features that are not already in here.

Download: http://bit.ly/ayMYRl

Mirror: Thanks Matt 4542!!! http://bit.ly/cwqEoI

Let me also suggest juicemanes blackjuice 1.8 theme. Its sick

Attached Files
black.juice.green.v2.1.rubiX.focused.1.8.6.zip

For some reason, it wont allow me to attatch the link. You can find it in the forum

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
k im back had to take a break and eat lol, k ill give this a try i already have a backup but im also going to backup the whole sdcard to my pc and thumb drives in case something goes wrong. i just like to be extra careful. ill post more as soon as i get it up which should be within the next couple of minutes...

update: well i installed it and so far no issues just hate i have to download everything and set everything up but ohhh well, still looking at themes but i think im going to stick with 928BGX being thats its the most complete one i have tested, untill i can find a cooler one. once again guys thanks for all the help i really appreciate it alot...

kennyb

Reaction score
I'm using chevy's SSX. I like it a lot but this my first ROM so I don’t have anything to compare.

Sent from my DROIDX

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
lol Ubermicro13 np u almost scared me until i reread my post and the one below hahahaha i been reading all day to make sure i get the right one and u made me poop my pants thinking i might of installed the wrong one lmaoooo

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
I'm using chevy's SSX. I like it a lot but this my first ROM so I don’t have anything to compare.

Sent from my DROIDX

well i know what you mean it is hard to compare roms but all i can say is read around, i been reading for 2 days straight trying to figure out which rom to pick finally i went with rubix being that one of my friends has it. so far so good and i like it. so thats how i decided to pick rubix by reading around thats the only way to compare it unless you want to risk it and try roms to see which one u like but i dont recommended you to do that. any help you need just ask theres lots of ppl in here that will guide you and help you decide also...

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I was looking to install the Watermark D v1.9 theme but I am running the rubix blurrless rom.

Can I still instal that Theme? or should I switch roms?