[ROM MOD] AOSP Liberty GB

mr_brady

Reaction score
So how long does it usually take for "fix permissions" and "zip align .apks" to complete? "fix permissions" has completed but "zip align .apks" has been running for over an hour now. Is this normal?

I had problems running ZipAlign in Liberty Toolbox. It would just process forever. If you run it through Terminal with Roottools (supplied with Liberty) it works well and finishes within a minute or two.

falseprofits

Reaction score
So how long does it usually take for "fix permissions" and "zip align .apks" to complete? "fix permissions" has completed but "zip align .apks" has been running for over an hour now. Is this normal?

I had problems running ZipAlign in Liberty Toolbox. It would just process forever. If you run it through Terminal with Roottools (supplied with Liberty) it works well and finishes within a minute or two.

I always run those types of things in the terminal. They don't ever work right with GUI and I like the verbose side of things.

Sight

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the difference between this and the liberty rom please. I'm running it now and like it but not sure what is different besides looks. Thanks.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's pure aosp like apex (as pure as you can get on our phones :) think of it as a liberty/apex hybrid rom, stripped of blur

Droid 2 zombiestomped v1.71

Sight

Reaction score
It's pure aosp like apex (as pure as you can get on our phones :) think of it as a liberty/apex hybrid rom, stripped of blur

Thanks but I don't know what that means :)

Except the no blur part.

ajm144k

Reaction score
this has been running great. fast.

but honestly, the market is so ugly... so black and white and gray. please put that back to how it should be. does anyone agree?

otherwise, awesome. i appreciate it a lot!

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
this has been running great. fast.

but honestly, the market is so ugly... so black and white and gray. please put that back to how it should be. does anyone agree?

otherwise, awesome. i appreciate it a lot!

No. I hate the green market. But, the blacked out market he created looks better than the white; which I prefer to the green.

Updated from my GingerHoney LGBD2 @ 1.2 GHz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding? The green market is so whack. I prefer any color to that. I like the white and the black. Hey kc, how would I install the white one that I have on zs? Can I just freeze the green one and install the white or does it need to be flashed somehow? Still got the black fb. Love that

glacious

Reaction score
Had this running fine for a few hours, installed some apps from market, restored a few with TB, then went to the market to restore Google apps (Maps, Voice, Reader, Docs, Gmail).

Once some installed, that app FC'ed without me launching it (Maps and Docs both did this). Now the Market is missing from the app drawer. Is there a way to restore it?

On a side note, why does 'every' Gingerbread build for the Droid X have the hard button's backlight so bright? It's terrible to use at night without disabling them... they used to dim properly.

in99flames

Reaction score
Speaking of the market...this was touched upon but I did not find an answer. Im having issues downloaded and updated form the market. Each app needs to be clicked on multiple times for the download to succeed and install. Very annoying. It will go to download, then just stop. Sometimes it will download the whole thing, and not install....argh.

I did Zipalign and fix perms a few times. Did not fix issue. any suggestions?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same issue here. I've had it with every gb rom so far. The only thing that works is to long click on the app (in the my apps section) and update it from there. It usually works better too if i do it one at a time. Sucks I know

sigua

Reaction score
[THEME] OrangeX - AOSP Liberty GB

The Original Theme Is By Droid-Xer, ported to AOSP Liberty GB by Me with his permission. SO, If you enjoy the theme, be sure to hit him up with thanks for this cool theme!

26381a9.jpg

Download To SD Card
Bootstrap & Reboot Into Recovery
Wipe Cache
Flash Theme File
Reboot, & Enjoy !

DOWNLOAD

http://bit.ly/jW8xW7

I can't read any of my suggested options when typing things into the text box (in market or browser) with this theme. How can I change back to the stock theme?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

in99flames

Reaction score
Same issue here. I've had it with every gb rom so far. The only thing that works is to long click on the app (in the my apps section) and update it from there. It usually works better too if i do it one at a time. Sucks I know

Thanks for the replies. I can deal with it for now. :) sometimes it seems to work wothout an issue

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums