ROM manager not working

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I've had nothing but problems with ROM Manager ever since the updates from v4.3.3.0 and the recovery 2.5.1.2. I've been able to use Titanium Backup to keep ROM Manager v4.3.3.0 installed so that I can use it with recovery 2.5.1.2. Those have been the last versions that were compatible with my amend scripted zip files. Other than the annoying update notices that I couldn't disable for some reason, everything has worked fine, until now.

I finally decided to switch to the latest version of ROM Manager, but that hosed me from using recovery 2.5.1.2. So I decided to upgrade to the latest recovery because trying to keep the old one seemed to be a losing battle. I accepted that I would have to find a way to convert everything to edify (if possible).

So I updated, but now NOTHING works. I get errors when I try to use ROM Manager to do ROM backups and recovery aborts any flash attempts, edify or amend scripted.
I can only make backup and restores from recovery mode. That's it.

Please help me!

Thank you.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I'm running Skyraider 4.3 on Froyo.

I've tried everything I can think of. Cleared cache (from manage apps and recovery mode), cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled, reverted back to recovery v2.5.1.2 and ROM Manager 4.3.3.0, restoring data from previous ROM backup... nothing is working. Mo matter what I do, ROM Manager wont work, even with 4.3.3.0 paired with recovery 2.5.1.2 which used to work.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmmm...honestly don't know then

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable with ROM manager sees this

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I was able to get RM 4.3.3.0 and clockworkmod recovery 2.5.1.2 to work again. I had to manually delete all the files in the clockworkmod folder on my sdcard.
I still have my issue with the latest ROM Manager and recovery not working together. Clockworkmod recovery by itself won't flash anything, edify or amend.

If anyone can offer some suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stop using ROM Manager. It's very easy to do everything in Clockwork and avoid the RM bugs.

bernardino5

Reaction score
I agree just do it through recovery alot safer too.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I suppose that is an option, but I wouldn't call it a solution.

The problem of not being able to get the latest clockworkmod recovery to flash edify scripted zips is still an issue.

Any thoughts on that?