1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

cant access sd card with cwm recovery

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by kanoftuna, May 21, 2011.

1. kanoftuna

kanoftuna New Member

I have a fascinate that had 2.2.1 when I got it and I used odin to root the phone just as the instructions said to do but every time I try to install a theme with CWM recovery by choosing install zip from sd card I keep getting errors saying sd card is not found or something like that E:Can't mount /sdcard/***.zip and unknown volume for path*****. I have had a droid2 and rooted it with no problems and changed roms and themes freely so I kind of have an idea of how to do it even though the fascinate is different than the droid2 was. I even tried to boot up the phone while holding the volume buttons while booting until I see SAMSUNG appear and go into regular recovery and install update.zip and then go into CWM recovery and install them that way and then I can see the files on the sd card so its booting into it that way but then it gives the error
    Can someone give me a step by step or a site that will tell me what I need to do with this so I can change the themes and stuff on this phone
  2. kanoftuna

kanoftuna New Member

I did search online before I ever posted this but after posting I did some more specific searches and found a CWM-recovery-all file and I uploaded it with odin and now I have it working, sorry for taking up space on the forum but I swear I couldn't find anything to help before I ever posted this (the story of my life)
Search tags for this page
cant access cwm recovery
cant mount sd card cwm samsung charge
cwm installation aborted cant mount sd
cwm recovery cant mount sd card
cwm unknown volume for path [/external sd
e:unknow volume for path [/sdcard] samsung phone
e:unknown volume for path [/sdcard]
samsung fascinate cwm recovery can't mount sd card
samsung galaxy unknown volume sd card
unknown path for [/sdcard]
unknown volume for path