cant access sd card with cwm recovery

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by kanoftuna, May 21, 2011.

1. kanoftuna

kanoftuna New Member

I have a fascinate that had 2.2.1 when I got it and I used odin to root the phone just as the instructions said to do but every time I try to install a theme with CWM recovery by choosing install zip from sd card I keep getting errors saying sd card is not found or something like that E:Can't mount /sdcard/***.zip and unknown volume for path*****. I have had a droid2 and rooted it with no problems and changed roms and themes freely so I kind of have an idea of how to do it even though the fascinate is different than the droid2 was. I even tried to boot up the phone while holding the volume buttons while booting until I see SAMSUNG appear and go into regular recovery and install update.zip and then go into CWM recovery and install them that way and then I can see the files on the sd card so its booting into it that way but then it gives the error
    Can someone give me a step by step or a site that will tell me what I need to do with this so I can change the themes and stuff on this phone
  2. kanoftuna

kanoftuna New Member

I did search online before I ever posted this but after posting I did some more specific searches and found a CWM-recovery-all file and I uploaded it with odin and now I have it working, sorry for taking up space on the forum but I swear I couldn't find anything to help before I ever posted this (the story of my life)
Search tags for this page
cant access cwm recovery
cwm recovery cant mount sd card
e: unknown volume for path [/sdcard] samsung
e:unknow volume for path [/sdcard] samsung phone
e:unknown volume for path [/sdcard]
samsung fascinate cwm recovery can't mount sd card
samsung galaxy unknown volume sd card
unknown path for [/sdcard]
unknown path sd card
unknown volume for path

unknown volume for path /sdcard