[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I'm on nightly 40 now. Are you guys only wiping cache and davlik cache between nightlies?

Droid 2 CM7

I just came from Liquid, so of course had to complete wipe..but yeah usually I just wipe dalvick and cache from one nightly to the next, but on the nightlies with larger changes, I will wipe data too..:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
So I'm on nightly 40 now. Are you guys only wiping cache and davlik cache between nightlies?

Droid 2 CM7

I just came from Liquid, so of course had to complete wipe..but yeah usually I just wipe dalvick and cache from one nightly to the next, but on the nightlies with larger changes, I will wipe data too..:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I agree. I've only wiped data once between nightlies, and it was b/c I f'd things up so I wanted a clean start. Only cache/dalvik need to be wiped between nightlies. (And even those, I don't think it's 100% necessary, but it is recommended)

RJT185

Reaction score
On nightly 36, seems like I have some catching up to do.

Liking the overall feel for sure, just not happy with battery life and the brightness fluctuations on my screen.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has battery life gotten better?

Honestly, I haven't noticed a bit of difference on my device.. I'm going to find a fix,by eliminating some running apps that I really don't need or use,and try some tricks and tweaks to find a way to stay with it.. I really love open source! Google is really amazing what they do and how far they've come from a search engine! I remember when aol was the talk of the scene, and google being friendly and innovative have shown that a company can give and still win!

*Yup just flashed that one too!*

havens1515

Reaction score
This is weird...

I just had my second ever random reboot with CM7. I unlocked the phone, and tried to switch homescreens, and the next thing I see is the CM logo. It sipped the Moto logo, and went straight to the CM logo. What's even weirder, is that my uptime widget didn't recognize it as a reboot. It still says over 1 day, 20 hours of uptime.

The first time this happened, I only felt the little vibrate that happens just before the boot. Then I pulled the phone out of my pocket, unlocked it and noticed the same thing. It had just rebooted (all of my widgets were loading, etc.) but my uptime widget was unaffected. I thought I was imagining things, but this time I actually WATCHED it reboot.

I'm currently on Build 38, no idea what build I was on last time it happened.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is weird...

I just had my second ever random reboot with CM7. I unlocked the phone, and tried to switch homescreens, and the next thing I see is the CM logo. It sipped the Moto logo, and went straight to the CM logo. What's even weirder, is that my uptime widget didn't recognize it as a reboot. It still says over 1 day, 20 hours of uptime.

The first time this happened, I only felt the little vibrate that happens just before the boot. Then I pulled the phone out of my pocket, unlocked it and noticed the same thing. It had just rebooted (all of my widgets were loading, etc.) but my uptime widget was unaffected. I thought I was imagining things, but this time I actually WATCHED it reboot.

I'm currently on Build 38, no idea what build I was on last time it happened.

Happened to me as well today on 40 and I make sure I always use the same wiping method, I came from liquid so I wiped everything even my axx..so when these things happen I'm sure its either the device with a little bit of crap mixed up from the flash or its just a glitch from the rom, however they are beta.. and in no way am I complaining, doesn't bother me...just an observation:) I do know that some apps don't play nicely at times, but I'm not counting each of them and playing with them to fix it right now..I'm currently in the middle of a fix... simply by stopping some apps and deleting some apps and slowing some, and even looking into some programs that may help...I'm letting it charge now after letting it drain from full charge low light and heavy usage for 3 hours off and on..so I need a fix...

*Yup just flashed that one too!*

havens1515

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not complaining either, was just wondering if anyone else had seen anything similar. It's only my second random reboot EVER on CM7, so that's pretty darn good if you ask me. Stock ROM is not even CLOSE to that stable.

It just seemed especially weird that it wasn't a full reboot, so I figured I would see what everyone else thought about it.

unrelated - I got rid of my live wallpaper, and I'm gunna see how much of an impact that has on battery life.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's probably what's called a hot reboot. I have an app which does it for me (ill use it when installing a theme to make sure everything is themed). It happens randomly to me as well. I wouldn't worry about it

CM74D2 (build-40)

havens1515

Reaction score
Oh, so that's what a hot reboot is? I saw that in the reboot options for ROM Toolbox, and didn't know what it meant. Thanks!

RJT185

Reaction score
What really makes me uncomfortable is that it doesn't seem to "charge" up as fast as it used to. Which leads me to belive something is running in the background more often or more intensely than with my two previous softwares (Stock and Fission). I do carry around an extra battery, but I'm not entirely sold on how battery performance overall has been.