[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
How long is a CM7 mod released with nightly updates? Does that happen always, or just until most of the bugs are worked out, and then it switches to maybe weekly or monthly updates? I would like to try CM7 on my D2, but haven't the patience to deal with reflashing every single night.

Thank you.

You don't have to flash every night. Its usually just minor fixes or updates in each nightly. You can flash every week or month if you want to. The nightlies are stable.

CM74DX

havens1515

Reaction score
How long is a CM7 mod released with nightly updates? Does that happen always, or just until most of the bugs are worked out, and then it switches to maybe weekly or monthly updates? I would like to try CM7 on my D2, but haven't the patience to deal with reflashing every single night.

Thank you.

I usually flash about once a week, or if I see something major in the changelog (CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Cdma_droid2) I will usually flash that. But it is by no means necessary to flash every day.

Reaction score
when are they going to have this finishedd?????
ITS DRIVING ME CRAZYYYYY!!!!

Finished? CM7 is an ongoing project, and I doubt it's going to be "finished" any time soon!

Of course, I do hope that the Droid 2 will get a stable release soon, but I don't know how far away that is.

silverfang77

Reaction score
They only started it for the D2 a month ago. It'll probably be autumn before there's a good, stable version.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was recently given a car charger, and with that said, I may try CM7 again. It's sad that you need an extra charger around to feel comfortable about using CM7 as a daily driver.

That said, I hope they're gaining some headway on this battery life issue. I know it's not an easy fix, but I'm hoping it's fixed sooner than later.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope it's never "finished". That way, it's always growing and getting better. It's already super stable. So, I hope the nightlies never end

CM74D2

havens1515

Reaction score
I hope it's never "finished". That way, it's always growing and getting better. It's already super stable. So, I hope the nightlies never end

CM74D2

I agree. Software is never finished, and anyone who has written software knows that. (I've only written a few things, but I have a project that I've been working on for a couple years now, and it's still no where near "finished")

louspinuso

Reaction score
I have a question that I can't seem to get figured out. I know that to load CM7, you need to start on FroYo (found that out the hard way) but the latest nightlie is (and has been as far as I can see) Android 2.3.5, which is GingerBread. What is it that causes the problems with going from GB Leak to CM7 directly? Is CM7 truly GB or are there parts still in the guts that are FroYo?

Just curious.

havens1515

Reaction score
The CM7 for Droid 2 Kernel is Froyo, because of the locked bootloader in the D2. Because of this, you need to be on the Froyo kernel in order to load CM7, or it causes issues. CM7 IS Gingerbread though, and for all phones with an unlocked bootloader, it has a GB kernel too.

andrewqueen

Reaction score
Today, my droid market randomley updated, I am very upset because now I can't theme it.

Droid2 CM7 - build 30