[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't leave this rom. I just tried MIUI with the annoying iphone esque interface. Apex was acceptable, liberty even more so. I just like the customization and performance. Now if I could remember to restore my backups next time I experiment with another rom, that would make my life easier.

So just for the heck of it, how much longer will we be waiting for decent battery life?

Is there anything a novice person like me can do to help with the development of this rom besides donating money?

Anybody having issues with android overclock frequencies not staying?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I have had some issues with the overclock app acting weird. I think battery life sucks because of all the steps 2nd init uses to run. Like killing off all Motorola processes except the kernel.

CM74DX

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Has anyone tried out the led notifications settings? I remember a few builds back if you messed with those settings it would screw up the led flashing(ie; led would scroll through all the colors).

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

mjs1015

Reaction score
Has anyone tried out the led notifications settings? I remember a few builds back if you messed with those settings it would screw up the led flashing(ie; led would scroll through all the colors).

Using it now and works fine for me.

Sent from my CM74D2

havens1515

Reaction score

I seem to remember a while back (like, a month ago or so) someone said that there were LED issues caused by some of the themes. If you have issues, try changing back to the default theme and see if it works.

Reaction score
I've been on zombie stomped gb, I have enough battery issue already lol I dunno if I should make the switch yet... my DROID 1 running cm7 feels snappier in a lot of ways which keeps making me want to makes the switch over :/

You have just been post pwned

havens1515

Reaction score
I've been on zombie stomped gb, I have enough battery issue already lol I dunno if I should make the switch yet... my DROID 1 running cm7 feels snappier in a lot of ways which keeps making me want to makes the switch over :/

You have just been post pwned

I was on ZS for quite a while and I NEVER had battery issues. My battery was amazing on ZS, which may be why I think CM7 has bad battery life.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was on ZS for quite a while and I NEVER had battery issues. My battery was amazing on ZS, which may be why I think CM7 has bad battery life.

CM7 has terrible battery life compared to most other D2 ROM's. I'm on Apex now, and it's making a world of difference.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM7 has terrible battery life compared to most other D2 ROM's. I'm on Apex now, and it's making a world of difference.

I loved Apex. I went back yesterday and was back on CM7 shortly. Nothing against Fab, but no GB based ROM beats CM7.

CM74DX

jfriend33

Reaction score
Why would battery life be better on rooted froyo with most apps frozen, than say on liberty gb or cm7?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I loved Apex. I went back yesterday and was back on CM7 shortly. Nothing against Fab, but no GB based ROM beats CM7.

CM74DX

What makes you stay with CM7 over Apex?

Sent from my Apex'd D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

What makes you stay with CM7 over Apex?

Sent from my Apex'd D2

Speed, customization, and tons of tweaks. 1% battery increments, volume rocker wake, hold search and it launches apps, camera button play/pause music, no need to use Adjbrightness, themes switched on the fly, and more.

I can deal with the battery life. The only thing I miss was being able to use the Blur camera.

Don't get me wrong, if CM7 hadn't come out, I would still be on Apex, as I liked it more than any other GB based ROM. But CM7 is better at virtually everything.

CM74DX

Cstryon

Reaction score
I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I've noticed, on top of short battery life, the battery charges much faster. Could that mean something? Maybe there is only a fraction of the battery capacity being recognized?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I've noticed, on top of short battery life, the battery charges much faster. Could that mean something? Maybe there is only a fraction of the battery capacity being recognized?

My battery charges really fast too. 10% in 10 minutes if I am not using it.

CM74DX

audiv8

Reaction score
lose data connectivity

Thought I would share this to see if anybody else has run into this issue.

I have been running CM on my droid inc since version 6 and love it. I have waited for a few nighties before installing it on my gf's droid 2. For the past 2 days she has called me with the "my internet doesnt work anymore" phone call. After looking at her phone tonight, turning network data on and off solves the problem. The phone is running nightly 31.

I SBf'd the phone back to stock before installing CM7 after reading through the best practices for installing this rom.

Does anybody have any ideas or know if this is a know issue with cm 7 on the droid 2? If you need logs off the phone just let me know and I can provide them to the devs that need help debugging this issue.

Thanks,
-Jimmy

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Thought I would share this to see if anybody else has run into this issue.

I have been running CM on my droid inc since version 6 and love it. I have waited for a few nighties before installing it on my gf's droid 2. For the past 2 days she has called me with the "my internet doesnt work anymore" phone call. After looking at her phone tonight, turning network data on and off solves the problem. The phone is running nightly 31.

I SBf'd the phone back to stock before installing CM7 after reading through the best practices for installing this rom.

Does anybody have any ideas or know if this is a know issue with cm 7 on the droid 2? If you need logs off the phone just let me know and I can provide them to the devs that need help debugging this issue.

Thanks,
-Jimmy

Is Juice Defender on the phone? I have had similar issues due to that app.

Sent from my DROID2