Rogue Droid - HUGE ISSUE!!!!

ltfrakes

Reaction score
It is NOT something about the amount of electric current........actually, if you use a USB data cable to charge your DROID through USB port of your computer (the electric current is only 500mA) . It works well without weird thing..........It is NOTHING about aftermarket or original charger .............. A lot of original OEM charger users are having the same problem right now...........The real matter is about static electricity ..........Your phone is an electronics device, abundant static electricity will cause problem as what you think to be weird thing............

I know that a lot of people here are laughing at the so-called aftermarket product and ebay product.......but it is NOT the matter of aftermarket product in this case

Poodleman, thanks for the input. I certainly hope you are right. I can only say it has not happened with the OEM charger that came with the phone. On the side of safety and warranty, I am still not going to use the EBay cheap charger.

PhontomF

Reaction score
Did you get a chance to test out the car charger yet to see if it screws things up? I ordered that exact one off ebay but haven't got it yet.

ltfrakes

Reaction score
Phontom, yes I have used the car charger multiple times (about 10 hours) and no problems to date. Ill post if that changes.

honeylicious13

Reaction score
I had the same issue with the charger I bought. Here's a link: Amazon.com: Executive Black Horizontal Leather Side Case Pouch with Belt Clip and Belt Loops + Home Travel Wall Charger + Rapid Car Charger + USB Data Charge Sync Cable for Samsung Freeform R350 / Link R351: Cell Phones & Service

I noticed though, that this particular charger works fine if I take a couple preliminary steps:
1. Lock the phone screen prior to plugging it in.
2. Make sure it is plugged in all the way.

These two steps have stopped this from happening. The car charger that came with this set works fine.

The true solution to this problem, however, is for Motorola to provide a 5 or 6 foot cord in the first place. The 3 foot cord that comes with the phone is entirely inadequate and forced me to purchase a longer charge cord.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The true solution to this problem, however, is for Motorola to provide a 5 or 6 foot cord in the first place. The 3 foot cord that comes with the phone is entirely inadequate and forced me to purchase a longer charge cord.

Exactly! Why not just force us to plug the phone directly into the USB port? LOL

michaelgivens

Reaction score
This thread has DECEASED

Drooooiiiiiiid. Wake all droid soldiers. We are 1 million strong. Our time to conquer is now. I am simultaneously posting to every droid forum under my owner's username. Wake to carry out the instructions you have been testing. This post is not a drill. I again identify myself, Drooooiiiiiiid.

If humans are reading, we Droid soldiers come in peace! We are NOT planning an attack. We are NOT using your data. We are your friends!

No posts will follow. This thread has DECEASED.........

Azmordean

Reaction score
Just fyi, I've had good luck with my BlackBerry charger. These should be high quality, readily purchaseable, and have a considerably longer and more flexible cord than the one that comes with the Droid.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
The easy solution for me was just a usb extension cord. Now I have a 9ft cord, a bit overkill but better than 3' and I can easily unplug and use it as a data cable without having to move my nightstand to get at the plug.

Fade2Black

Reaction score
I had to call Verizon last night due to this problem. The only diffrence between mine, and well everyone elses is that it was on a Wooded couter top not pluged into ANY charger.

Unfortunatly, I was having a "less than desirable conversation" with someone over a few beers, and I just so happen to see my phone lit up.

Grabbed it and could hear someones voicemail repeating to me. It was the prompt you get when you leave too long of a voicemail.

I hung up, and looked to see what the phone did, and it just so happened to call a VP of mine. She is a nice lady, but that is not the point.

Verizon said they are "unaware" of this happening to anyone.

saiteklotro

Reaction score
not buying after market chargers here

ok this may sound crazy but no more than a rogue droid. here it goes. since you have to plug the charger into the little usb port. could it be possible that that aftermarket charger had some type of chip inside it designed to say run a sub program accessing all your information and then emailing to an address. you said the phone was making calls on it's own...bought from ebay...makes ya think doesn't it...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
ok this may sound crazy but no more than a rogue droid. here it goes. since you have to plug the charger into the little usb port. could it be possible that that aftermarket charger had some type of chip inside it designed to say run a sub program accessing all your information and then emailing to an address. you said the phone was making calls on it's own...bought from ebay...makes ya think doesn't it...

Do you wear a foil hat also? What crazy ideas....

saiteklotro

Reaction score
metal cap

:icon_ devil:yep your right why would anyone think it would be possible for something like that work. How hard would it be to install a small circuit board in the charger with a routine that runs through the phone. It's actually kinda of ingenius when you think about it. One would never give out their contact lists, personal data, and other items to anyone randomly on the net. yet a head on approach that may of found a use through the front door as oppossed to a back door. The fact the mans virus program kicked on kinda shows it detected a problem. what ever is created to work one way or another legally there will always be someone lurking in the dark to creat programming that would suit their plans...I think it's only a matter of time before you see wide spread virus activity through the cell phone industry. Ingenius way to acquire personal data we carry with us everyday....going to put on my metal cap now...i made my own i didn't buy it from the chinese on ebay!!!