Ghost in my phone

ladybug1827

Reaction score
Please help. Recently my phone has been...... apps are highlighting without me touching them, my home screens swipe back and forth, when I'm trying to type my curser moves around. I did have launcher pro, thought that was acting up so I switched to adw. It stopped for a little while and then came back. I tried a virus Scan, that came back no virus. I tried restarting my phone by removing my battery. I tried deleting different apps

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
I don't know what to try next. I also use a task killer and that doesn't work. Please help! Thanks.

harrellj

Reaction score
2 things, don't use the task killer, the phone will work better without it. 2nd thing, are you using the OEM charger that came with the phone? A lot of people have reported their phones going nuts on 3rd party/generic chargers.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
I'm using the charger that I bought with the phone at vzw. In may my phone will be a year old. No task killer? I was tol I needed that. Without it my battery will drain and run laggy with everything remaining opened. I do have the necessary apps not on the killer list. Hmmm......

T-Dev

Reaction score
definately remove the task killer. android runs much differently than *windows* and thus you actually cause more battery drain by closing the apps. you will see an improvement once you uninstall.

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
Ok......no task killer then......thanks, I will let you know how it goes.

louy99

Reaction score
Does it only do it when plugged in a charger?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
No .........

louy99

Reaction score
Try starting a new scene. I use to have an Eris....it was doing crazy things on me too. When I changed scenes on it, it took care of that

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
I'm Srry a new scene? Like a new wallpaper? I don't understand what you mean by a new scene.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
just did a warranty exchange last week with my wife's D1, it was doing the same thing as yours but 10x worse. she couldn't even answer a phone call and you could watch while the phone sent texts & called people all buy itself. a factory reset did nothing excepted making it worse because after the reset the phone needed to be programed again and the stupid thing would not stay still long enough to do it. the wife was without a phone for 3 days.

btw : the wife got the phone last February, so we where almost at the end of the warranty.

stop messing with it and do the warranty exchange.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

louy99

Reaction score
It been a few months since I've had an Eris. Don't remember how to access them but there are 6 different scenes to choose from(HTC, work, travel...) you could create some of your own too. Just look around your phones settings, im sure you'll find it

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
Oh I do know what you mean by scenes, thanks. I'm going to check out the forum listed above. Thanks for all your help.

OP
ladybug1827

ladybug1827

Reaction score
Yes thank you so much for the info. That forum is exactly what is happening. I will be calling VZW. Thanks again! :)