Ringtone help for old folks

NoTechGeek

Reaction score
I know this is going to sound pretty lame to all you kids out there but I have a Droid 2 Global and my wife just got a new Razor. We are trying hard to figure them out. I downloaded a song that I want to use as a ringtone for incoming calls. When I downloaded it, it went somewhere on the phone but I haven't a clue where. How do I go about finding it and then using it as my ringtone. I keep trying to right click on stuff but there is not right click. I'm guess I'm just too old for this stuff. If somebody can explain it to me in plain everyday talk, I'd sure appreciate it. Once I get it figured out maybe I can help my wife with her phone.

Ray

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know this is going to sound pretty lame to all you kids out there but I have a Droid 2 Global and my wife just got a new Razor. We are trying hard to figure them out. I downloaded a song that I want to use as a ringtone for incoming calls. When I downloaded it, it went somewhere on the phone but I haven't a clue where. How do I go about finding it and then using it as my ringtone. I keep trying to right click on stuff but there is not right click. I'm guess I'm just too old for this stuff. If somebody can explain it to me in plain everyday talk, I'd sure appreciate it. Once I get it figured out maybe I can help my wife with her phone.

Ray

Likely on the SD card in a file folder named "download". Use "My files" to find it. Look in "SD Card".

Once you find it, you should be able to set it as a ringtone with any number of ringtone apps, zedge is a good start.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
N

NoTechGeek

Reaction score
Ok, I figured out how to do it using a usb cable to my laptop. I was wondering how to do it from just using the phone. I'll figure it out. I thank you for your time.

R

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I figured out how to do it using a usb cable to my laptop. I was wondering how to do it from just using the phone. I'll figure it out. I thank you for your time.

R

You might try a file manager app like Astro.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not one mention of Ringdroid? Easieset way in the world to make ringtones. No file hunting, Ringdroid brings them right to you.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not one mention of Ringdroid? Easieset way in the world to make ringtones. No file hunting, Ringdroid brings them right to you.

Yeah, we got sidetracked on how to find a file, rather than the file itself.

I use Ringdroid as well and it works quite well for me.

chrisl121070

Reaction score
Apparently I am stupid... I downloaded Ringdroid, and it sees all of the music files, but it won't let me assign them as ringtones... it only gives me the "edit" and "delete" options. when I click edit, it says it doesn't support mp3s.
I also tried Zedge, and it's not even seeing my downloaded ringtones. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to assign any of my downloaded files as ringtones! LOL

Oh, and I just got the Razr yesterday.

bswnyca

Reaction score
After trying several options, I have found that copying the .mp3 to my sd card and then opening music and holding down the music file gives me the option to save as a ringtone. I've wasted too much time trying other options. I like keeping it simple. I suppose the only option is to root my droid x.
zedge is on my sd card - I drag or copy the files there.