Reverting to stock from a ROM

jh120

Reaction score
I'm currently running rooted OTA 2.3.340. If I make a backup in Bootstrap and then install a ROM (I'm thinking Liberty 1.5), could I use this backup to remove the ROM completely if I ever needed to? Or is there a better way to go back to stock 2.3.340? Thanks!

mcp770

Reaction score
I'm currently running rooted OTA 2.3.340. If I make a backup in Bootstrap and then install a ROM (I'm thinking Liberty 1.5), could I use this backup to remove the ROM completely if I ever needed to? Or is there a better way to go back to stock 2.3.340? Thanks!

yea, a nandroid backup works just fine for that. Going back to stock is usually only recommended when unrooting or switching from a blurless rom to a blur rom.

WilfulHippo

Reaction score
Same as he said I run liberty 1.5 and love it I have it set up as in clockwork a stock froyo without a rom as a backup and then another stock liberty without a theme so if I install a theme I dislike I flash back to stock liberty and if I dislike liberty I flash to stock froyo. Its pretty simple

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jh120

Reaction score
Great, thanks for your responses, off to install Liberty now! One quick question though -- the ROM asks that you do a wipe before installing it. If I want to restore from this backup of stock that I'm going to make, would I need to do a wipe first as well?

Shadows9909

Reaction score
Great, thanks for your responses, off to install Liberty now! One quick question though -- the ROM asks that you do a wipe before installing it. If I want to restore from this backup of stock that I'm going to make, would I need to do a wipe first as well?

nope that shouldn't be necessary. gl dancedroid