Upgrading to 2.3.340

Ozyman666

Reaction score
Apparently I need to upgrade to 2.3.340 to use the new Liberty 1.5 rom. Can someone point me to a step-by-step tutorial to do so? Droid X, rooted.

stevendbrady

Reaction score
I used the maderstock a couple times. It's like upgrading and SBFing. You'll be back to a new stock phone. Easiest way I've seen to do it.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I used the maderstock a couple times. It's like upgrading and SBFing. You'll be back to a new stock phone. Easiest way I've seen to do it.
If maderstock is used to revert from liberty to stock, you said its like SBFing,...it removes boostrapper and root, too? So essentially its exactly like SBFing?

OP
O

Ozyman666

Reaction score
Uh oh

I ran maderstokc and rebooted. Now I'm only getting a loop with the Droid logo turning into the Droid eye. It never passes that point. Help?

EDIT: OK, I pulled the battery and factory reset to stock. That seems to have worked.

EDIT: deleted

Last edited:

MrKleen

Reaction score
Check to make sure if you are upgraded or not. A factory reset will only load a clean version of what is already on your phone, so if the Maderstcok got far enough you may be upgraded, but you need to check.

OP
O

Ozyman666

Reaction score
Done

Yeah, I figured it out. Everything else went smoothly and I'm up and running Liberty 1.5:icon_ banana: