Upgrading from 2.3.340 to GB

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
So, right now I'm on 2.3.340, running Liberty 2.0.1. From these directions: New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog it looks like I should be ready to upgrade. Just download the 3 files listed, flash them as instructed, then I should be ready to go to any custom GB ROM. Am I correct? And if I take a CWM backup before I do anything, can I, at any time after installing GB, restore back to the CWM backup?

fox_dye

Reaction score
No you will have to sbf back to froyo as that backup will only work on froyo. There is also a liberty update that was released that will take you from liberty 2.0.1 to liberty gingerbread .04
I would do that instead of the 3 file flash thats out
Sent from a galaxy far far away........

yearn

Reaction score
So, right now I'm on 2.3.340, running Liberty 2.0.1. From these directions: New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog it looks like I should be ready to upgrade. Just download the 3 files listed, flash them as instructed, then I should be ready to go to any custom GB ROM. Am I correct? And if I take a CWM backup before I do anything, can I, at any time after installing GB, restore back to the CWM backup?

I think to return to Froyo you have to SBF back to it.
Also, if you installed the 3 zips, you may wanna check This out.
It installs over the top of any other GB build and I think as of right now its the latest build.

OP
S

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
Ok, that's fine too, I have all the files/apps/drivers I need to SBF it. Thanks for the answers guys! And I'll definitely look for the 2.0.1->.4 upgrade information.