Restoring paid apps on Droid X?

sjohn902

Reaction score
I'm sure this has probably been covered, but I searched here and Google and found nothing.

I just upgraded from an unrooted 2.1 Droid to the Droid X. I was under the impression that I could just restore my paid apps, but the two I had don't seem to realize I paid for them in the past. The two apps are Flight Director and ESPN Radio. I contacted tech support for the ESPN app and they were unable to help. I really don't want to pay for it twice so I'm hoping someone here can lend some insight. I had three Google accounts tied to my Droid 1 and have the same 3 on the new one as well.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
All of my paid recognize me. Have you signed into your Google account? It usually identifies you that way (all of this is assuming that's how you paid for the apps).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Open the market, hit menu, then downloads. They will be there.

You did use the same gmail account on the X as the Droid...Right....The apps are tied to the account purchased under.

OP
S

sjohn902

Reaction score
I've done the menu / downlads thing. The only apps listed are the downloads I've done on the DX, nothing that shows my old ones. And yes I am signed into the same account.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do they show up if you log into google checkout?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has probably been covered, but I searched here and Google and found nothing.

I just upgraded from an unrooted 2.1 Droid to the Droid X. I was under the impression that I could just restore my paid apps, but the two I had don't seem to realize I paid for them in the past. The two apps are Flight Director and ESPN Radio. I contacted tech support for the ESPN app and they were unable to help. I really don't want to pay for it twice so I'm hoping someone here can lend some insight. I had three Google accounts tied to my Droid 1 and have the same 3 on the new one as well.

Are you using the same Main Google account on your X? If you selected one of the others that could be why it's not showing up on your X.

OP
S

sjohn902

Reaction score
You mean Google checkout in the Market? Not exactly sure what you mean. If I go to purchase the app, it brings up the same Google checkout info for the transaction as I had before.

OP
S

sjohn902

Reaction score

Are you using the same Main Google account on your X? If you selected one of the others that could be why it's not showing up on your X.

I'm pretty sure I am, though I may not be. I thought my EDU account was the main one before so that's what I made it this time. Is there a way to recover the apps if I'm not using the same Google account or am I just SOL?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there a way to recover the apps if I'm not using the same Google account or am I just SOL?

I have not heard anyone being able to do so.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You mean Google checkout in the Market? Not exactly sure what you mean. If I go to purchase the app, it brings up the same Google checkout info for the transaction as I had before.

Well, which Google Account did you have signed up with Google checkout, and is that the one you signed in with? If it isn't that's probably why you're not seeing your apps.

OP
S

sjohn902

Reaction score

Well, which Google Account did you have signed up with Google checkout, and is that the one you signed in with? If it isn't that's probably why you're not seeing your apps.

I only have Google checkout on one account, so I guess I'm logged in with the right one. Just don't understand why the apps wouldn't be showing up then.