Droid users needed paid research study and app beta test

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Wait, you gotta pay to join? Sorry, never done oe of these research thngys. If it's free I'm in :p

OP
L
Reaction score
Second Study Group

We're adding a second study group. I'd like to start on Monday. If anyone out there would like to join, we'd appreciate the help.

OP
L
Reaction score
New round of the droid study

If you missed the study last round, or if you weren't qualified, we are starting a new study this week and are looking for 100 participants. If you complete all the study requirements, you'll get a $30 Amazon gift card.

If you didn't qualify last time, the requirements are a little more relaxed this time, so feel free to email us again. Email [email protected] for more info.

Cheers,
Justin

deputc26

Reaction score
Just sent an email if you still have space:icon_ banana:

dcook12

Reaction score
I'm interested in the study, but I have held off to test the waters a bit. There is a 99% chance that this is legit and fine, but in my mind, you can't be too cautious on the web. Is everyone getting good vibes about this? Please don't take this as an insult at all - I have just seen some weird stuff on forums before. What else can you tell us? I would prefer not to give out my email until I know more.

Thanks for understanding, and I hope I can participate.

It is a shame, but I feel the same way. Probably 99.9% Legit, but too many people have taken advantage of the web, you have to be leery. It's a shame for people like Justin who is probably trying to do something that will help us all. I think I'll wait too..Sorry also...

OP
L
Reaction score
Study Details

For those who haven't been following this thread, I'm part of a research group at CMU that studies social networks, location and privacy. We're currently looking for participants in our next user study, which will involve beta testing some features of one of our apps. In the next day or two, I'll respond to all who write to [email protected] with more details, including what's required and how you can join.

The compensation for all who complete the study is a $30 Amazon gift card. You must be 18 years or older to participate. We strongly encourage family, couples and groups of friends with Android phones to join together. All who complete the study task will be compensated. We do not require that you be an American citizen to join.