Restart Phone For Apps To Work

crackmuffin

Reaction score
does everyone havee this issue? every day or two i have to restart my phone because all of my apps quit working, and when they quit working if i try to play my music it says that the droid doesnt play this type of file and resets all my ringtones. happens randomly and i have to turn the phone off and back on for everything to work again. is this normal?
also its a droid 2, and i've had it for about two weeks. theyve already reset it for other issues, and this was one of those issues before.

Last edited:
OP
C

crackmuffin

Reaction score
sounds like maybe a bad app or possible a hardware issue if you are having this many issues already.

so do you think i should continue or get a new droid? im not sure if it reset properly because he told me while he was resetting it that i should download my apps slowly to see if one of them is causing the issue, but by the time i got home my phone loaded completely and all my apps were still there and working. i thought the reset would get rid of them all.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
A factory reset should clear everything - if it didn't then something wasn't done right, unfortunately I cannot precisely direct you to the factory reset on the D2 as I am an Original Droid Owner - I am sure someone will be able to direct you though

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
sounds like maybe a bad app or possible a hardware issue if you are having this many issues already.

so do you think i should continue or get a new droid? im not sure if it reset properly because he told me while he was resetting it that i should download my apps slowly to see if one of them is causing the issue, but by the time i got home my phone loaded completely and all my apps were still there and working. i thought the reset would get rid of them all.
they auto-synced back. If they already did a factory reset and it is still having issues it could be a bad app like I said but the only way to tell would be to unistall them one by one. Can you list the apps you have if you don't mind.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
A factory reset should clear everything - if it didn't then something wasn't done right, unfortunately I cannot precisely direct you to the factory reset on the D2 as I am an Original Droid Owner - I am sure someone will be able to direct you though

Settings < Privacy < Perform Factory Reset

OP
C

crackmuffin

Reaction score
the downloaded apps i have on my phone are..
advanced task killer
angry birds
AppRemover
backgrounds
calorie counter
color flashlight
Color Note (downloaded today, prob not the problem )
dog teaser ( also recently )
connect4 (also recently)
Drink Water Beta
Friday the movie soundbourd
G1 Psycho
MSN Droid X
Pandora
PoliceAlert Lite
Sniper(recently)
the hangover soundboard
useless facts
and thats it, all of the apps i have are on the top downloads list pretty much. any of these known to cause this problem?

OP
C

crackmuffin

Reaction score

will this delete all my photos, videos & contacts?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP
C

crackmuffin

Reaction score
ill uninstall it right now, and the guy who set up my uncles droid told him to set the settings on aggressive or something so it runs in the background and kills tasks every 30 min regardless, thats what its set on mine.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

will this delete all my photos, videos & contacts?
will not delete any of those, photos and videos are on the sd card and contacts save to your google account and should re-sync after the reset but I would try to uninstall the task killer before you do another reset.

mdowns989

Reaction score
Turn OFF the auto backup/Restore AFTER you reset phone but BEFORE you add your Google info... gmail acct.
Then apps wont auto install