1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ringtone changes? Virus?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by davoz28, Apr 18, 2010.

1. davoz28

davoz28 New Member

I have lookout installed with no errors reported, but every time i restart my phone my ringtones will change: general phone, notification, sms, and even my individual contacts ringtones i select. When this happens, i reset again to what i want them to be. When i restart they AGAIN RANDOMIZE. This is driving me crazy please help!!!
  2. smrivera80

smrivera80 New Member

I haven't heard of this problem before. I doubt that it's a virus. It's more likely related to an app on the phone, or it's a software problem within the phone. Have you installed any new apps recently that would seem to coincide with you having this problem? Or are you using any apps that weren't obtained via the Market?
  3. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Do you happen to have Ringtone Randomizer or any similar app installed?
  4. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Virus? Highly Doubt it.

Rouge app..Most likely.

What was installed before this started happing?
  5. ldimick

ldimick New Member

There was a report that if you underclock your phone it will resort to the default ringtone. I wonder if you have a variation of this?

Are you using custom ringtones or just the stock ones?
  6. davoz28

davoz28 New Member

The only app I know that had a randomizer was imusic, and I uninstalled. They are all legit market apps as far as i know, as my phone is unmodded. I have a few ringtone programs, worara, zedge, and ringdroid; as far as i know they just dld them not set or shuffle automatically. I guess Ill delete these one by one to see what happens. Such a weird and random event though lol. Almost funny If I didnt want certain tones for certain things/ppl.
  7. davoz28

davoz28 New Member

Wow. Lookout was the problem? I isolated Lookout as the culprit somehow. Uninstalled and reinstalled. I see on comments that another chick had this problem. So weird.
  8. Snowman83

Snowman83 New Member

yea this happens to me too, i have a X and it changes my phone ringer at random that i have made with ringdroid, it always changes it to a mp3 that i have on the phone that isnt a ringtone just a mp3, and it also changes my Gmail notification, it dosent do it every day but every couple of days boom a new sound is coming out of the phone. cant figure whats up but it is very annoying and the people at Verizon dont know whats up soo, whats up?
  9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Once in a while my Droid will go to the default ring. Doesn't happen very often and to me it's not a big deal.
  10. frustratedphoneuser

frustratedphoneuser New Member

I have the same issue, the only thing that seems to work is to pull the battery out and put it back in. Mine will not even play my MP3s until I do that. It is very frustrating. I do not have any of the listed software installed.
  11. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

What device are you using?
  12. frustratedphoneuser

frustratedphoneuser New Member

I have a Droid 2.
  13. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Originally I thought you were experiencing different ringtones/notifications from the ones selected at randoms times... which I've had happen specifically with my ringtone every now and then... no idea why.

But re-reading your first post I see that they change whenever you reset the phone! I personally haven't seen this before... but it's likely some of our members have and hopefully they'll pop in and give you some advice :)
  14. dirtmerchant

dirtmerchant New Member

Ringtone changing

I'm having the same problem but its not when I restart the phone and so far the only ringtone thats changed by itself is the incoming call. Notifications have stayed the same since I chose it. Shortly before I made this post i received a phone call and it was the one I chose, good old underworld tune from original super mario.
    I get a call about fifteen minutes later and it rang with one of the standard ringers the phone came with. Another odd thing, I went into settings and sounds and opened up phone ringtone and the ringtone that was selected was not the one that had just played, in fact the one selected was "Legened of Zelda-Secret" (yes im an oldschool gamer stfuuuuu).

Whats going on? I just want to be able to recognize when its my phone ringing
  15. dirtmerchant

dirtmerchant New Member

Ummmm

Ok really wierd. Right after my previous post i decided to go back into sounds and phone ringtones and none, I mean NONE of the custom ringtones i downloaded were in the list.

Could this be a problem with the SD card? I really hope not, I was really pleased with this phone and I really hope im not about to enter the troubleshooting hell my last phone dragged me into :(
  16. dirtmerchant

dirtmerchant New Member

retraced steps

Ok, rewind to my first post....
    I received a phonecall with the correct ringer

I then got back to the office and plugged in my phone to charge via the PC and the USB/Power Cord

I received a phonecall with the wrong ringer while my phone was charging.

I then went into my sounds and encoutered the Zelda ringtone being selected(tho that was not the one that had just played incorrectly, the wrong ringtone was a standard ring)

I then made my first post

I then went into sounds again and ZERO of the custom ringtones were showing on the list

I then made my 2nd post

I then took my phone off the charger to bring with me to check out as i did something elsewhere in the office. Went into sounds and settings and all the custome ringtones were once again back on the list.

Ive tried it several times now and i just dont get it, sometimes when my phones connected the custom rigtones show up, sometimes they dont. i thought i had figured it out for a second there, but then they go and show up while my phone was connected. Please help
  17. dirtmerchant

dirtmerchant New Member

Hate to do it but bumping this topic. Id like to hear something from a head honcho about it, even if that response is" we don't know why it does it"

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  18. tastypotato

tastypotato New Member

I'm having this issue as well. I use Zedge and that's it. I haven't installed any applications recently that should be causing this kind of an issue it just started happening. Perhaps there's something wrong with Zedge that is resetting our ringtones?
  19. janson745

janson745 New Member

I have not heard of this before... But I am certain this has to be it.

I just rooted my phone Monday night. I installed the P3 kernel up to 1g. I have my phone overclocked to 1000 and underclocked when screen off to 125.

All day yesterday and so far today, if my screen is off, the default ring goes off. If my phone is awake and I am using it, my actual ringtone (saved from a soundboard) works. All notifications are correct regardless of screen state.

I really believe that if the phone is clocked less than the 400 that it was set to, you will get the default ringtone.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  20. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

No. My Screen Off is set to 400/250 and I have no issues with my ringer. I use Ringtone and Tunee Music.

DroidForums junkie!
Search tags for this page

android phone ringtone changes by itself

android ringtone changes on its own

android ringtone virus
androld virus rlng tone
galaxy to changed ringtone by itself
my phone changed it's ringtone by itself
my phone changes ringtones by itself is it a virus
my ringtone changes itself
ringtone changed on its own

ringtone changes by itself