Ringtone changes? Virus?

davoz28

Reaction score
I have lookout installed with no errors reported, but every time i restart my phone my ringtones will change: general phone, notification, sms, and even my individual contacts ringtones i select. When this happens, i reset again to what i want them to be. When i restart they AGAIN RANDOMIZE. This is driving me crazy please help!!!

smrivera80

Reaction score
I haven't heard of this problem before. I doubt that it's a virus. It's more likely related to an app on the phone, or it's a software problem within the phone. Have you installed any new apps recently that would seem to coincide with you having this problem? Or are you using any apps that weren't obtained via the Market?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Do you happen to have Ringtone Randomizer or any similar app installed?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Virus? Highly Doubt it.

Rouge app..Most likely.

What was installed before this started happing?

ldimick

Reaction score
There was a report that if you underclock your phone it will resort to the default ringtone. I wonder if you have a variation of this?

Are you using custom ringtones or just the stock ones?

OP
D

davoz28

Reaction score
The only app I know that had a randomizer was imusic, and I uninstalled. They are all legit market apps as far as i know, as my phone is unmodded. I have a few ringtone programs, worara, zedge, and ringdroid; as far as i know they just dld them not set or shuffle automatically. I guess Ill delete these one by one to see what happens. Such a weird and random event though lol. Almost funny If I didnt want certain tones for certain things/ppl.

OP
D

davoz28

Reaction score
Wow. Lookout was the problem? I isolated Lookout as the culprit somehow. Uninstalled and reinstalled. I see on comments that another chick had this problem. So weird.

Snowman83

Reaction score
yea this happens to me too, i have a X and it changes my phone ringer at random that i have made with ringdroid, it always changes it to a mp3 that i have on the phone that isnt a ringtone just a mp3, and it also changes my Gmail notification, it dosent do it every day but every couple of days boom a new sound is coming out of the phone. cant figure whats up but it is very annoying and the people at Verizon dont know whats up soo, whats up?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once in a while my Droid will go to the default ring. Doesn't happen very often and to me it's not a big deal.

frustratedphoneuser

Reaction score
yea this happens to me too, i have a X and it changes my phone ringer at random that i have made with ringdroid, it always changes it to a mp3 that i have on the phone that isnt a ringtone just a mp3, and it also changes my Gmail notification, it dosent do it every day but every couple of days boom a new sound is coming out of the phone. cant figure whats up but it is very annoying and the people at Verizon dont know whats up soo, whats up?

I have the same issue, the only thing that seems to work is to pull the battery out and put it back in. Mine will not even play my MP3s until I do that. It is very frustrating. I do not have any of the listed software installed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I have the same issue, the only thing that seems to work is to pull the battery out and put it back in. Mine will not even play my MP3s until I do that. It is very frustrating. I do not have any of the listed software installed.
What device are you using?

frustratedphoneuser

Reaction score

What device are you using?

I have a Droid 2.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Originally I thought you were experiencing different ringtones/notifications from the ones selected at randoms times... which I've had happen specifically with my ringtone every now and then... no idea why.

But re-reading your first post I see that they change whenever you reset the phone! I personally haven't seen this before... but it's likely some of our members have and hopefully they'll pop in and give you some advice :)

dirtmerchant

Reaction score
Ringtone changing

I'm having the same problem but its not when I restart the phone and so far the only ringtone thats changed by itself is the incoming call. Notifications have stayed the same since I chose it. Shortly before I made this post i received a phone call and it was the one I chose, good old underworld tune from original super mario.
I get a call about fifteen minutes later and it rang with one of the standard ringers the phone came with. Another odd thing, I went into settings and sounds and opened up phone ringtone and the ringtone that was selected was not the one that had just played, in fact the one selected was "Legened of Zelda-Secret" (yes im an oldschool gamer stfuuuuu).

Whats going on? I just want to be able to recognize when its my phone ringing

dirtmerchant

Reaction score
Ummmm

Ok really wierd. Right after my previous post i decided to go back into sounds and phone ringtones and none, I mean NONE of the custom ringtones i downloaded were in the list.

Could this be a problem with the SD card? I really hope not, I was really pleased with this phone and I really hope im not about to enter the troubleshooting hell my last phone dragged me into :(