Reset Everything, Including Home Screens?

DTaylor

Reaction score
Reset Everything, Including Home Screens?

How do I do this? I just did a factory reset and everything is back, except my home screens are still jacked. How do I reset the home screens all back to default?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reset only removes apps/data you add to the phone, so all stock apps are retained.

What's jacked about your home screens? Can't you just remove any widgets/icons you have on them that you don't want?

OP
D

DTaylor

Reaction score
I thought it would be better to "start over" with a factory default phone, I just got this last night and I have been messing with it so much it's just jacked up, some home screens are blank, others are ugly looking with jumbled crap I added...just easier to reset to default, if there is a way.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try Settings>Applications>Manage>All Apps, and clear data/cache for Home.

Might work, never tried it on Home before.

OP
D

DTaylor

Reaction score

LOL, it erased everything on all the home screens, all just blanks now...

Guess I will try something else...

haha! No worries man, I appreciate your help. Worst case I take it to the store and have them reset it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

haha! No worries man, I appreciate your help. Worst case I take it to the store and have them reset it.

Wouldn't blanking out the home screens be what your looking for? What is it exactly you're trying to accomplish? Remove all apps and widgets from the home screen to start out again with seven blank screens?

OP
D

DTaylor

Reaction score

Wouldn't blanking out the home screens be what your looking for? What is it exactly you're trying to accomplish? Remove all apps and widgets from the home screen to start out again with seven blank screens?

Ehh, almost...I wanted it to look exactly as it did from Verizon so I could take a better look at where everything is and get more used to the phone itself before I go modding it up too much. I was able to get that done eventually, but honestly have no idea how as I messed with it for quite some time. Pretty sure it was a combination of clearing the cache then a factory reset.

OP
D

DTaylor

Reaction score
At this time there isn't really anything but I am alright but I will definitely have some more questions as I GET MORE INVOLVED LIKE WHY IS MY CAPS LOCK STAYING ON?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol Double clicking the caps button will go into caps lock single click will capatalize only the next letter. To. Undo caps lock just push the caps button a third time.