how to back up the droid 2?

joshtb86

Reaction score
any one know how to do this? on my blackberry, i could backup all settings and contacts AND all programs. is there anyway to back everything up on my droid 2 so that if i do a factory reset, i get everythig back?
thanks!

OP
J

joshtb86

Reaction score
yeah i want to do a factory reset then restore all, but idk how. i have too many settings changes to remember all of them

tobytl

Reaction score
Well, if you're living entirely in the google cloud (as I am), and have sync enabled and turned on, your settings/contacts/apps are already being backed up in the cloud. So, if you do a factory reset, it will sync all your stuff after you log in to google during the activation. Just make sure you leave your phone alone until it's done. If you go to the market, for instance, before it's done, it will interrupt the app downloads. Make sure that data backup and automatic restore are enabled in privacy settings.

This only works for apps that were installed through the market afaik, but it seems to save the settings/data of manually installed apps, you just have to install them manually again.

It's kind of flakey, but it works for me 9 times out of 10.

Beyond that, you have to wait till the phone is rooted to really backup anything manually. Titanium Backup is probably the best, but again, only works on rooted devices.