Droid 2 how to backup everything

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Hello I recently did a factory reset on my droid 2 and lost some of my apps. I know there are some apps that i moved to sd card and they were still there but some of my apps won't let me move them to my sd card. is there a way to back up my apps and other info on my phone so that if i ever have to do a factory reset again i can get them back without having to download everything again? like maybe an app or something..lol. thanks.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well if you root you can do a nandroid which is an image type backup meaning the phone is exactly as it is when restored it gets everything it's as if nothing was changed

If you prefer not to root or even if you do root you can backup apps with an app i myself like mybackup pro for backing up apps but there are others as well

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
Well if you root you can do a nandroid which is an image type backup meaning the phone is exactly as it is when restored it gets everything it's as if nothing was changed

If you prefer not to root or even if you do root you can backup apps with an app i myself like mybackup pro for backing up apps but there are others as well

ok thanks. i just bought the mybackup pro. i will see if it will do me some good. thanks again!

Reaction score
So, if I do a nandroid backup, flash say...liberty, then I decide I want to go back to my stock nandroid backup, I just reboot from the backup, and my phone will be IDENTICAL to the way it was? Meaning, all pictures, text messages, apps, app data, and everything will be there as if I had never flashed a rom?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Indeed. The only thing that wont get touched is your sd card. But everything else will be identical, launcher setup, apps and data, all that stuff.

tappin and a talkin

Reaction score
Are you certain that text messages will remain exactly as they were if I restore using a nandroid backup? Because that's the main reason I haven't installed a rom.

louy99

Reaction score
I myself have fllashed back to some of my nandroids and the text messages were still there just like I left them.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you certain that text messages will remain exactly as they were if I restore using a nandroid backup? Because that's the main reason I haven't installed a rom.

Yes everything is identical including text messages it gets it all and when u say the sdcard isn't touched that's not completely true it does backup .android_secure or whatever the folder on ur sdcard that stores ur apps that u've moved to ur sdcard

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yes everything is identical including text messages it gets it all and when u say the sdcard isn't touched that's not completely true it does backup .android_secure or whatever the folder on ur sdcard that stores ur apps that u've moved to ur sdcard

Yeah that's true. I was more reffering to pictures since that was in the question.

tappin and a talkin

Reaction score
I'm not at a computer, otherwise id search for it myself, but can someone post links for all the precautionary steps (backups and stuff) that I need to do before installing a rom?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's all pretty simple. The third link in my signature has some good steps for flashing roms on the droid 2 and if you have any questions id be happy to help.

tappin and a talkin

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yeah that's true. I was more reffering to pictures since that was in the question.

tappin and a talkin

Yea no i knew what u meant more just bustin u ha

Inverse

Reaction score
If SMS backups are a concern for you, and are holding you back from Romming~ you can download 'SMS Backup and Restore' on the market. Will back up your SMS to SD card for viewing at any time, or complete restoration or merging.

Reaction score
If SMS backups are a concern for you, and are holding you back from Romming~ you can download 'SMS Backup and Restore' on the market. Will back up your SMS to SD card for viewing at any time, or complete restoration or merging.

SMS backups don't work on some Droid 2's. Mine is in that "some" category. When I back them up, it'll backup "successfully" but when I try to view it, the text will all be in the wrong order, have the wrong time stamps, and some of them won't even be backed up at all.