Required to activate - Cant Activate!

pudah

Reaction score
I tried to install a 2.1 ROM (I was running a 2.1 rooted ROM already). When I rebooted I was greeted with the activation screen. This seemed normal. However, when I try activate the phone the prompt says that it is attempting to gather information, and then eventually says it can not activate my phone. I tried it about 100 times with different signal strengths. I tried a restoration to the backup from before installing the ROM and when I rebooted I was brought to the activation screen again. The phone looks like it has all my apps installed, the settings are right, and everything looks good, but I can't use it because I need to activate, but I still can't process the activation. I rebooted again to SP Recovery and did a full system wipe and then tried installing an even older backup, and everything looks good, but I have to activate, and it wont go through. What else can I do?

Kack

Reaction score
you might go on comp and sign into gmail then try again. i did this once before and it worked then did it again and just changed password and it worked again.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will help but from a similar thread posted a while back it seemed that the tower was down or something. The poster waited a few hours and tried again and found that it worked. Maybe this might be the issue? Also this has happened to me once before when I tried to activate from my basement I get 3 bars in my basement so I didn't think it'd be a problem but it wouldn't work. I went updstairs to higher ground and some how it finally was able to go through. Sorry this wasn't too helpful but it might be worth something :( good luck

OP
pudah

pudah

Reaction score
Signing into gmail and changing the PW didnt work. I have full signal here and have activated countless times from this same spot.

I dialed 611, went to an operator, hit 2 because I cant make calls to talk to a live person and was told that every Sunday from 2-6 their systems update and they cant pull any information on my account nor can you activate your phone. A prompt earlier in the call, or better yet a notice the FIRST time I tried to activate, some hours ago, would have been well received. Im off to bed. Hopefully it works in the morning. Thanks for the help.