REQ: NFS Shift apk from DX2

Elkay

Reaction score
This is a free demo, so posting it should be ok. I uninstalled it from my DX2 because I had purchased the market version, but the market version isn't compatible with our phone. I had no idea there were different versions.

Can someone please post the .apk from the DX2 so I can reinstall it? It's not in the system dump that someone else has already posted. Also, I might need the additional data for the game if it won't let it re-download it. That would reside in /sdcard/Android/data/. Thanks!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sure someone is going to be able to help. All you are searching for is a rooted DX2 with titanium backup installed. They can simply give you the backup for that app. Just curious have you checked the directory that stores the APK's?

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score
I am sure someone is going to be able to help. All you are searching for is a rooted DX2 with titanium backup installed. They can simply give you the backup for that app. Just curious have you checked the directory that stores the APK's?

Yep, it's gone. I was quite surprised it let me uninstall it since it's a stock ROM app I thought heh. It said incompatible device after paying and installing and then launching the Market one to start the additional download, but I was able to even copy the download data from my DX1 to get past that. Everything is just white textures from that point on.

Any titanium users out there that can help? I'm a paid titanium user myself, I should have just froze it haha but I had no idea that the market one wouldn't work. Thanks in advance!

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score
Someone without Titanium Backup can probably grab the apk for me too as long as they're rooted. It should be in /data/app/. At least that's where Let's Golf still is on my phone.

jmars125

Reaction score
I deleted mine also sorry.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

jmars125

Reaction score
Yes im rooted but i think we could delete it because its technically not a system app its just a demo. So in titanium it didn't show up as a red system file.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score
Bump.. anyone that can help? Still need to get this stock app back on my phone, especially if it causes problems not having it with updates.

jmars125

Reaction score
I don't this apk is required for ota's. Plus it being over 150 mbs. I don't think u will see very many people post the apk. But if it turns out you do need the apk the easiest way to obtain the demo would be to factory reset your phone and it will place the demo back on your system even if you erased it before. I have deleted mine and messed with some.stuff then did a factory restore.and boom there it was back in my apps.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score
On the X2? If it did that, then the apk should be in the filesystem somewhere still. It has to restore it from "somewhere". The apk itself isn't 150mb. There's an additional "download" directory.. I'm not sure if it will re-pull this like the DX1 demo since that data appears to be pre-installed on the DX2. The apk is a good start, though, and if that alone doesn't work then I can ask for the rest. I've seen a full system dump (minus the games for some reason) so I'm sure someone wouldn't mind posting it.