Anybody else buy the full version of NFS: Shift?

Psychokitty

Reaction score
I have about 180 apps, with about 80 bucks wrapped up in them. I never have a problem paying for a good app or game, but I'm always hesitant to let any of my paid ones go for the sake of making room.

This game is so smooth and fun, I hyave no problem getting rid of some others that I paid for. ;)

Still have the Live Wallpaper issue. Tried an update to BD's latest ROM and got the same issue.
It certainly could be the ROM, but I'm thinking it's a Sweeter Home issue.
Yes, that's right, I forgot to mention that itty-bitty mega-detail. Lol!

Too busy enjoying the game right now, but when I find out the source of the issue & how to resolve it, I'll post back here.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still have the Live Wallpaper issue. Tried an update to BD's latest ROM and got the same issue.
It certainly could be the ROM, but I'm thinking it's a Sweeter Home issue.
Yes, that's right, I forgot to mention that itty-bitty mega-detail. Lol!

Too busy enjoying the game right now, but when I find out the source of the issue & how to resolve it, I'll post back here.

I'm about 99.95% sure you'll find out it's an issue with the way Sweeter Home deals with LWPs, then. I'm thinking that it unloads the LWP when the homescreen isn't active, and isn't reloading it on exit from the game.

Palomino

Reaction score
From what I hear, it will be "Droid X exclusive" for a month or two - after that, I understand it's supposed to be available on the Marketplace. I am not sure how to get it on your D'Inc, Tominator; as the app2sd trick from Froyo for the DROID won't work on it and that's the only practical way I was able to get it to install.

Initially, I was going to wait but once I got it on my sdcard and found out it worked, I just had to buy it. I've been waiting for this since it was announced.

AHHH! This is so much bull****! The game was supposed to launch on June 4th for the Evo! WTF happened to that??

I'm not angry at you or the Droid X, I just think it's bull**** that one carrier was going to get it a full month and a half ahead of time, and then it would be available for all, and now, the people who were originally supposed to get it, us Evo owners, are getting screwed by about 2-3 months if what you say is true!

(yes, I know that is a run-on sentence. I had to spew!)

Lars1

Reaction score
YES!

It finally (after a week) allowed me to connect and unlock the full version (for $10).

THIS GAME IS SICK!!! Best on the DROID by far!!

gertman

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know the answer to my questions?

What would happen if you load a new ROM and choose to wipe data and cache? How do you backup NFS or that you bought it so it works?

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know the answer to my questions?

What would happen if you load a new ROM and choose to wipe data and cache? How do you backup NFS or that you bought it so it works?

I backed it up with Titanium Backup. The licensing info is stored on the sdcard somewhere (can't recall exactly where off the top of my head). That can be backed up right to your PC.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
AHHH! This is so much bull****! The game was supposed to launch on June 4th for the Evo! WTF happened to that??

I'm not angry at you or the Droid X, I just think it's bull**** that one carrier was going to get it a full month and a half ahead of time, and then it would be available for all, and now, the people who were originally supposed to get it, us Evo owners, are getting screwed by about 2-3 months if what you say is true!

(yes, I know that is a run-on sentence. I had to spew!)

That's why you have to be careful how much faith you have in internet rumors. Maybe the Sprint deal fell thru, could be for technical reasons. I know that in its current form, NFS: Shift has some significant graphical issues running on Snapdragon chipsets like the EVO uses. Maybe it was made a Droid X exclusive since it actually runs right on the OMAP chipset, and this way it buys EA some time to fix it for a general release. Annoying, yes, but if you're going to spend $10 on a game, it may was well work correctly.

topdj

Reaction score
I bet I will be charged too, even though I have a app downloads block to stop any extra charges on the bill. Way to easy to add mistaken $$ on your bill.
But it appears to be a good game and worth it though.

coltzfan

Reaction score
Got it downloaded today and purchased full version. Had to use terminal emulator to turn apps to SD with ss 4. 6 and moved it to SD card. No issues. Very awesome game. Best racing game for Droid in my opinion

sent from my secret shoe phone

gertman

Reaction score
BUMP!!

because people don't seem able to actually search and find this thread!