Anybody else buy the full version of NFS: Shift?

Psychokitty

Reaction score
Enjoying the full version, but it bumps off my live wallpaper when I exit the game.
Running BDs Froyo.

Which live wallpaper? If it's a free one, I can test and see if it does the same on mine. I'm using the Super Mario LWP with the stock FRF84B launcher, and not seeing this issue.

Or, it could just be an issue with BDs launcher and LWPs. Sounds like an issue when switching back to the desktop from OpenGL mode.

There's one with water with leaves falling onto it, and one with a swirling galaxy. Also a purchased one called "Earth Live", I think.

Psychokitty

Reaction score
100MB. (!)

It will then take you to your apps list (via Droid's settings panel). I don't recall what ROMs you can do this with, but try hitting the menu button, and filter the list by size.
Uninstall the top app (largest). Retry installing the game. Repeat. Eventually you will have freed enough space to install the game.
If you have Titanium Backup, it will help you alot. First I moved everything that I could that was NOT a system app over to the SD card. I still had to uninstall apps to make room, and some of them were ones I had moved to the SD card. (I have no idea, so don't ask...!)
Luckily, I only had to uninstall Google Earth, Dolphin Browser, and maybe two others. I downloaded NFS, bought it, and THEN moved it to SD using Titanium. Since I had made backups of my apps, I got them all back very easily. (I'm not affiliated with the devs of Titanium, it just worked out to be worth what I paid for it in this instance. lol)

I wouldn't take a chance by moving the NFS locked app to sd and then try to purchase the full version. I have no idea if there would definitely be a problem, but 10 bucks is ten bucks. ;) I did have trouble connecting with Very$on to make the purchase.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's one with water with leaves falling onto it, and one with a swirling galaxy. Also a purchased one called "Earth Live", I think.

It's got to be a problem with the UD Froyo ROM, then; as it works just fine on my "stock" FRF84B ROM. Probably something about the launcher, as I suspected.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it to Astro and installed it from there. After I made the full purchase I moved it to my SD using Titanium.

After I put it on my sd card, how much memory does it need to install? I tried installing it but it said I needed more space.

If you are running a Froyo build, go to an ADB shell (or Terminal prompt on the phone) and type "su" and hit enter.

Then, type "pm setInstallLocation 2" and hit enter.

After this, install the game; it should install directly to the sdcard.

Once this is done, you can type "pm setInstallLocation 1" to reset the default install location back to the phone's internal memory.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't take a chance by moving the NFS locked app to sd and then try to purchase the full version. I have no idea if there would definitely be a problem, but 10 bucks is ten bucks. ;) I did have trouble connecting with Very$on to make the purchase.

Not gonna cause a problem, the files that "unlock" this into the full version are downloaded to a folder on the sdcard. It's a sort of "license" file. Has nothing to do with where the game is installed to. In any case, the entire game is "there", it just checks for the unlock files when it starts up.

tu3218

Reaction score
I downloaded it to Astro and installed it from there. After I made the full purchase I moved it to my SD using Titanium.

After I put it on my sd card, how much memory does it need to install? I tried installing it but it said I needed more space.

If you are running a Froyo build, go to an ADB shell (or Terminal prompt on the phone) and type "su" and hit enter.

Then, type "pm setInstallLocation 2" and hit enter.

After this, install the game; it should install directly to the sdcard.

Once this is done, you can type "pm setInstallLocation 1" to reset the default install location back to the phone's internal memory.

thanks dave! can I do this using BB toolkit? Because in that I set apps to install on sd, I just still don't think I have enough space on my sd card due to a lot of backups of roms.

Nealius

Reaction score
Ive tried a few times to upgrade. It keeps telling me that I am not on a verizon network.

OP
D

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
thanks dave! can I do this using BB toolkit? Because in that I set apps to install on sd, I just still don't think I have enough space on my sd card due to a lot of backups of roms.

I think BB toolkit would work, but i'm not sure as i've never messed with it. If I am not mistaken, all it does is run the same command as a script.

As for your sdcard, all you need is 100MB or so.... you should be able to clear off enough space. Just get rid of some old backups you can live without.

Xegesis

Reaction score
So I checked my Verizon Bill today and they officially charged me the 9.99.

gertman

Reaction score
So what would happen if you load a new ROM and choose to wipe data and cache? How do you backup NFS or that you bought it so it works?

gertman

Reaction score
Sorry Dude wrong version of the game!!! Try to find the Droid on the compatible phones list. This does NOT appear to be the Android NFS Shift. Just the version Verizon had made for like all their flip phones and multimedia phones. Look at the screen shot, no 3D graphs.