Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

neoterixx64

Reaction score
todroid said:
Have been running .211 since the morning it came out as a leak. Went to it directly from GB with .181 image flash. Had a few sideload issues, but data wipes and brute force resulted in a clean install. It runs beautifully. Not a single issue. My battery life on ICS/4G is higher than it was on GB with 3G. I actually tried running ICS on 3G only for a while as it was my exclusive for gingerbread and I took a hit on the battery life vs 4G. Weird, but I'll take it. So now, rocking 4G all day and not looking back.

I also couldn't wait. Side loaded .211 runs awesome.

todroid

Reaction score
Someone posted a link in another thread with how you can change it to 3G. I did it last night and it worked like a charm. I think the app name is LTE On/Off for HTC Thunderbolt. It takes you into the Phone Info screen, scroll down to right above where it says 'Turn Off Radio' and there will be a drop-down list. Select CDMA Only from the list, and you're all set :)

You can also use "Phone Info" app. Takes you straight to that screen.

William_04_x

Reaction score
After a normal day of light use battery is at 50%. Typically I'm at 70% right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah mine is sucking more juice to, but I've been having data drops today... not total drops, just dropping 4g

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

William_04_x

Reaction score
I've noticed lower than normal signal strength also. Typically here at the house I see mid 80's to mid 90s dBm with 4G. Today its been mid 100's.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

rdgxray

Reaction score
I think I read something about ics being the 1st Android os that correctly reports 4G signal strength. That may explain the difference in signal strength. If you have slower data speed and spotty signal that is different though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes...the decibels and bars....I wouldnt go by them like we used to. Or we need to know what to look for now. Folks with G Nex's already knew this tho.

ICS seems to show more accurate readings. In the exact same location I have seen 1x, 3G and 4G all show different readings. The big tip off is in the About Phone area or Network area...1x and 3G can be seen at the same time and it will have different readings. So far...I have seen -95 on 4G while -78 or -85 was for 1x or 3G.

Another big tip off was going from GB to ICS...my 4G speeds didnt get worse. Just the readings did.

rdgxray

Reaction score
My experience has been good signal, battery life, responsiveness and controls. Much better than gingerbread. I do not have 4G in my area so no opinion on it's affect on battery life or signal strength.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Raikkonen

Reaction score
Well got ICS up and running which was a relief. Only issue is that while using 3G/4G, my WiFi keeps suggesting networks to use when I clearly switch it to off. Any idea why?

memedic95

Reaction score
First impressions: It's great, smooth and looking a lot more polished than previous releases (GB/Froyo)
Favorite changes. App button back in the center and looking better, the overall dark look and feel, how much faster it is, the new voice recognition, the new and smaller menus!
Performance Performance is was great to begin with, now its even better. I use the "forest" Live wallpaper and it runs without ANY lag now. It actually looks turbocharged when the rain drops are falling
Enhancements. Oh heck there are tons!
Issues.Currently, I can't use tether with WiFi tether or FoxFi... Nothing works. I can't find where to set double tap the home button does XX action.

What seems missing or could be better.
I like that widgets are now in a nice new fancy window, but I HATE that you have to scroll through every dang one to find what you want. Everything with "beautiful widgets" should be located under one location like in GB. You pushed Beautiful widgets then you got your list of 8-10 widgets to select. This would clear up clutter in the widget list, and also for items that have long file names, you'd be able to see it better.

The ability to remove unused screens.. I only want 2 homescreens, I don't need 5.

Pulldown notification toggles for wifi restart power gps bluetooth, etc.

I thought FoxFi wouldn't work Either until I removed the profile from the devices I used to pair with and then put them back in. some of the settings must have changed during the update to ICS. Now they work again. It's a pain but it will work.

Abaddon

Reaction score
I am still patiently waiting for mine but just had a quick question about the lock screen. I actually like the default lock screen on the Razr but do not use it because it would lag every so often. How is it now? I really do like the look of the new lock screen but was wondering if anyone had any issues with it? Does it ever stick? How is it when you select the camera or sms app? Does it take a while to load? Sorry for the questions but just curious and I'm starting to get anxious! :blink:

altjx

Reaction score
I am still patiently waiting for mine but just had a quick question about the lock screen. I actually like the default lock screen on the Razr but do not use it because it would lag every so often. How is it now? I really do like the look of the new lock screen but was wondering if anyone had any issues with it? Does it ever stick? How is it when you select the camera or sms app? Does it take a while to load? Sorry for the questions but just curious and I'm starting to get anxious! :blink:

To be perfectly honest with you, with the official ICS, there is no more slide to text, call, or camera anymore. You either disable screen lock and just jump right into the homescreen, or it prompts you for your authentication type (i.e. facial unlock, pattern, pin, password, etc.) right after you unlock the phone. This really sucks for me and a huge disadvantage. In other words, you can't even look at the clock without it loading up the pattern/pin/password/facial unlock.

Abaddon

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest with you, with the official ICS, there is no more slide to text, call, or camera anymore. You either disable screen lock and just jump right into the homescreen, or it prompts you for your authentication type (i.e. facial unlock, pattern, pin, password, etc.) right after you unlock the phone. This really sucks for me and a huge disadvantage. In other words, you can't even look at the clock without it loading up the pattern/pin/password/facial unlock.

I'm confused. I thought they had a lock screen where you could select the camera, phone or text messaging app as well as unlock? It is even shown in the new videos that they released. It says in the description that enterprise users with required pins/passwords may not be able to use direct access features but I would think that's only if you do use a password or pattern unlock.

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

altjx

Reaction score
I'm confused. I thought they had a lock screen where you could select the camera, phone or text messaging app as well as unlock? It is even shown in the new videos that they released. It says in the description that enterprise users with required pins/passwords may not be able to use direct access features but I would think that's only if you do use a password or pattern unlock.

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

This was in the ICS .79 leak, but I am unable to find where to enable this. I've asked on another forum and apparently others are having a difficult time as well. There's a "screen lock" security feature in the settings and its options are: None, Slide, Facial Unlock, Pattern, Password, and Pin. I haven't seen the text, camera, phone, and unlock slider since .79 leak.