Report your ICS on Razr experience here.

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Can not believe how few problems and complaints are being expressed on this and all the other ICS threads. Seems like they got this right.Should see a big push on Monday. Can't wait!dancedroid

Reaction score
I've played with it on the Galaxy Nexus before and it was pretty great. I adored the features. Today my fiancée got ICS on his RAZR and I played with a bit. I honestly have no complaints here. I just couldn't figure out how to do the real time video (if it even allows it still). Can't wait until my RAZR gets the ICS update.

-Sent from DROID RAZR using DroidForums.

MEEF

Reaction score
coolbreeze704 said:
Keep us informed. I think there are a few others with this same concern that will like to know if it helps.

It did seem to help but it was hard to gauge mid-discharge. I have a full battery now so we will see. I did notice that it was still charging while in use on the charger, that's a good sign. Someone posted that this was an issue with the DROID 2 global.

MEEF

Reaction score
I do like the widgets in the app drawer but I miss being able to access them from the long home screen press.

The new folders look great.

I don't like the way the favorite contacts widget functions. You have to press a contact an extra time to call them.

Disabling apps is a very welcomed new feature.

Face unlock is neat but more of a gimmick.

Having screenshots is great! It's my favorite new feature.

Excluding my battery issues the phone has been running very smooth with no problems so far.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Can not believe how few problems and complaints are being expressed on this and all the other ICS threads. Seems like they got this right.Should see a big push on Monday. Can't wait!dancedroid

I hope you're right about a big push on Monday. I tried installing it manually but it didn't work at first so I put GB back on. Trying to fight the urge to try again and just be patient. So for mine and my girlfriends sake of hope you're right about Monday lol.

rjenk

Reaction score
Having recently moved from a Nexus to RAZR MAXX, I am glad to see ICS. My biggest complaint is Motorola not providing the default ICS email app (not Gmail). The Motoblur version of the email app is a pain to use especially with corporate email with folders. It would be nice to have the toolbar back at the bottom along with the ability to change the default colors...the black background and color combination for unread (blue)/read (white) is a dislike.

Only other issue I have is the launch bar below displays the text labels whereas it did not on the Nexus. Not having the text labels looks a little cleaner to me.

Overall, with the RAZR now having ICS, it is clearly the best phone out there and I am very glad I made the switch from Nexus to RAZR.

jchargu3

Reaction score
First impressions: It's great, smooth and looking a lot more polished than previous releases (GB/Froyo)
Favorite changes. App button back in the center and looking better, the overall dark look and feel, how much faster it is, the new voice recognition, the new and smaller menus!
Performance Performance is was great to begin with, now its even better. I use the "forest" Live wallpaper and it runs without ANY lag now. It actually looks turbocharged when the rain drops are falling
Enhancements. Oh heck there are tons!
Issues.Currently, I can't use tether with WiFi tether or FoxFi... Nothing works. I can't find where to set double tap the home button does XX action.

What seems missing or could be better.
I like that widgets are now in a nice new fancy window, but I HATE that you have to scroll through every dang one to find what you want. Everything with "beautiful widgets" should be located under one location like in GB. You pushed Beautiful widgets then you got your list of 8-10 widgets to select. This would clear up clutter in the widget list, and also for items that have long file names, you'd be able to see it better.

The ability to remove unused screens.. I only want 2 homescreens, I don't need 5.

Pulldown notification toggles for wifi restart power gps bluetooth, etc.

rdgxray

Reaction score
How do you remove unwanted home screens? I have 5 now...can I eliminate all but 1?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
First impressions: It's great, smooth and looking a lot more polished than previous releases (GB/Froyo)
Favorite changes. App button back in the center and looking better, the overall dark look and feel, how much faster it is, the new voice recognition, the new and smaller menus!
Performance Performance is was great to begin with, now its even better. I use the "forest" Live wallpaper and it runs without ANY lag now. It actually looks turbocharged when the rain drops are falling
Enhancements. Oh heck there are tons!
Issues.Currently, I can't use tether with WiFi tether or FoxFi... Nothing works. I can't find where to set double tap the home button does XX action.

What seems missing or could be better.
I like that widgets are now in a nice new fancy window, but I HATE that you have to scroll through every dang one to find what you want. Everything with "beautiful widgets" should be located under one location like in GB. You pushed Beautiful widgets then you got your list of 8-10 widgets to select. This would clear up clutter in the widget list, and also for items that have long file names, you'd be able to see it better.

The ability to remove unused screens.. I only want 2 homescreens, I don't need 5.

Pulldown notification toggles for wifi restart power gps bluetooth, etc.

Nice report on ICS on Razr. Really helpful for the rest of us waiting for the fun to begin. Appreciate it.:)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Overall, I like ICS, haven't found anything that I don't like, just a few things that are different and having to get used to them. I have my Razr Maxx rooted, but the conventional ways of tethering no longer work because "ad-hoc" isn't recognized. I had to hack the actual "Mobile Hotspot" to get it to work. Take THAT Big Red. :icon_ devil:

Battery does seem to drain a little faster, but not bad. Might be as easy as a couple charging cycles.

I'm getting used to the widgets being in the app drawer. I would prefer to long press on the screen and choose, but I can get used to it. And on GB when you tap the home button it would go to a screen that had all 5 screens and you could choose one, but now you have to scroll left or right. Again, no biggie, just have to get used to it.

There is a TON of bloatware crap in ICS, but that is easily frozen with Titanium Backup.

All in all, I like it. I have the updater frozen in Titanium Backup so my phone will stay like it is and I will cross that bridge when I get to it. If I could rate ICS I would give it 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5. :)

OP
coolbreeze704

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
How is the screen image and font quality? I heard that was going to be improved. My biggest hope is improved Bluetooth and streaming. I stream in my car and get tired of the constant drops and delays in music or video.

jchargu3

Reaction score
How do you remove unwanted home screens? I have 5 now...can I eliminate all but 1?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure, that's one of the things I would like to see in the future, without having to use a different launcher. The stock ICS launcher is nice!

jchargu3

Reaction score
How is the screen image and font quality? I heard that was going to be improved. My biggest hope is improved Bluetooth and streaming. I stream in my car and get tired of the constant drops and delays in music or video.

oh I thought that was just me! I think it looks better.

altjx

Reaction score
First impressions: I absolutely love the blue and black theme. It looks very great and clean. There's more settings so shrinking the font sizes make the phone look like there's tons of options now, which it does. Everything seems stable and just so much eye candy in here.

Favorite changes: ​I love Facial Unlock. Makes it much easier to unlock the phone as opposed to potentially exposing your pattern/code to someone you're showing something to. I also like the unified inbox calendar widget. That way, at a glimpse, I can look to see if I have new messages without actually opening up the email app.

Performance: Very stable. I think I've had the Email app to close once, but I'm sure me multitasking, restoring all of my apps, and everything else had something to do with it. Other than that, this is much faster than ICS .79 leak and Gingerbread altogether.

Issues
: No issues. Everything's running stable and pretty fast.

What seems missing or could be better
: Nothing :). I have a feeling that ICS won't allow me to connect to hidden SSIDs, but I haven't confirmed this yet. I experienced this issue on the .79 leak, but haven't been home for a few days to check to see if this works.

I love it!!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the fonts used on ICS and the fact that you an make everything bigger or smaller you can set your phone up to look a lil better. Perfect example is the Youtube app. The red "New" letters on that black background on GB looked kinda bad. Now? It looks better but its also a white background now.

I dont wanna bring up that dreaded subject...but it makes 'it' less noticeable...