Replacement Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have to warranty their nexus yet? My USB plug shorted out, so I went to the store hoping to trade it out. I wasn't pleased when they told me warranty work is now handled on a mail in basis, and less pleased with the probability of getting a CLNR unit. The phone isn't even 3 months old, and its warranty not insurance. Anyone have any experience with a return yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did a warranty replacement for the purple screen tint just out side of my return period. The new unit that came looked like it was new. But I sent it back as the screen was dimmer than my current device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did a warranty replacement for the purple screen tint just out side of my return period. The new unit that came looked like it was new. But I sent it back as the screen was dimmer than my current device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Was it in the white box like the day you received it? I'm really not looking forward to a CLNR, and I will go over it with a fine tooth comb. I got stuck with a defective OG Droid, and won't make that mistake again.

crashngo

Reaction score
My charge plug is broken as well, I went to the VZW store on Sunday and I talk to them about it. The guy said that they would send me a new device by today, which it did come in, but it is a CPO. I am not activating it, I am going to get on the phone with them about this.

thesandman00

Reaction score
I was able to get a new replacement device, but they charged me $250 (what I paid for the original) and never refunded it once I shipped my defective unit back. Pretty stinking mad about that one...

crashngo

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Verizon, apparently it is there return policy to give CPO devices and that they couldn't give me a new device. What they did tell me was that CPO doesn't always mean it was used then refurbed, it could also mean that it was a restock/return within the 14 day period. So we'll see how it goes with the device.

OP
Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My confirmation email says CLNR. What's the point of a manufacturer warranty if they are going to handle it through Assurion?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My confirmation email says CLNR. What's the point of a manufacturer warranty if they are going to handle it through Assurion?

Its not through Asurion. This has been their policy now for a long while. Wife went through 4 CLNR Dpro's before we demanded a new in the box pro. Been wonderful since.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

grandmasbaby

Reaction score
I just received my replacement today n went to the Verizon store to have them hook it up n no surprise to me, IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!!

nleksan

Reaction score
I had a Customer Service Manager PROMISE me a BRAND NEW IN BOX Galaxy Nexus to replace what he himself called "a faulty unit" (my current phone). I told him I've been paying over $300/mo for 12 years, and I just dropped FULL RETAIL PRICE on this phone less than 6 weeks prior, was refused my upgrade credit, and that the people in the store (where I have gone three times while under warranty; got it Dec15,11) kept telling me to come back "in a few days when our tech guys are available", and yet it just so happened that they never showed up, not until January 16, 2012 at 1:30PM!!!! ONE DAY AFTER MY WARRANTY "EXPIRED"!!

So, I raised Hel1, and I have called the same CS Manager who is claiming to be calling the store manager "to tell them that you (me) have a LIFETIME warranty on your Galaxy Nexus, and that is at no charge, and it can be traded in for a BRAND NEW unit at any time... we really appreciate your business, and I (he) feel it is the least we can do to show that appreciation". So, cool CS Manager.

Go to the store, and what happened? The store manager says "Corporate CS Managers do not have the authority to tell the manager of a corporate store (the d-bag talking) what they can and cannot, should or should not, will or WILL NOT DO!"

Yeah... I am about to go postal!

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Wow. This sounds exactly like what happened to me

My charger fried 2 days after getting my gn. On the 7th day I went in for an exchange Because i didnt want to risk that maybe something might have fried when the charger did.

I went in, told them what happened and I was DENIED. I was told I have to get a CLN phone. That because it was a charger issue, they couldn't help. I told them the 800 number cs said I could.

I demanded to talk to a supervisor who tried to assure me only 20% of all CLN phones were used.

I said this was utterly crap that I couldn't exchange something I JUST BOUGHT, and they wanted to give me a used one.

I demanded a new charger fresh out of a box of another gnex and was told no, and then the Rep said he would replace it and ended up giving me HIS charger.

I Was/am seriously disappointed in this service. I came home and called the 800 number only for another Rep to tell me that their policy is even if something happens to your phone within the 14 days, they have to issue you a CLN phone. Some new policy.

I am seriously upset over this and have thought about going to corporate with this.

nleksan

Reaction score
I say let's both contact corporate... I know I went to a corporate store, and it sounds like you did too, so when a CS Supervisor GUARANTEES a "Brand New In Box" phone as a replacement, specifically a "BNIB Galaxy Nexus, not a Certified Like New Replacement", he is speaking for the company... The same company that owns the store!

The same store that kept offering me empty promises of a "fix", but as soon as my 30-Holiday-Warranty was up they won't give me the time of day!

How many other companies do you know that would treat someone like this, 5-7 weeks after spending $300 cash and signing a 2yr contract, and already having been a customer for TWELVE YEARS? Not just a customer, but someone whose plan includes five phones, unlimited minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited MMS on each, as well as Unlimited Data plans on 3/5? IT IS A LOT OF MONEY!

I even told the guy at the store (perhaps untruthfully) that ATT, Sprint, and T-Mobile had ALL offered to BUY OUT my contract from Verizon (it was true 3 years ago...), and based on my 12yr history of staying with one company had offered me 3mo FREE SERVICE identical to what I was getting from Verizon (unlimited everything), they would Guarantee For Life "Unlimited Data, regardless of form, on all phones under ******'s account, beginning immediately and will remain in effect (with no throttling) INDEFINITELY, regardless of corporate/company policy changes"... On top of that, two of the three offered me 5 free "Top-of-the-Line" Smartphones, while the other offered me $200 towards a new phone, per number, every 18mo for the next 12 years...
Seriously. I turned it down, because 3yrs ago, they all pretty much sucked.

I still have the unsigned contracts around here somewhere, and I do know that they DO NOT have any expiration date! I wonder what VZW would say if I walked in with them?

Anyway, I don't want to make threats that I don't yet want to follow through with. It's really ironic, because I have the best phone available in North America, and up until I got the phone I was 99% satisfied with Verizon... Now that I have this phone, Verizon has taken a nosedive in customer service quality.

I am going to call and call and call tomorrow and Monday, until I get someone to do something that works for me: either a refund for the entire MSRP of the phone (not what I paid, I mean the whole $700), a BRAND NEW replacement shipped to me under the condition that my current phone doesn't have to be postmarked for shipping until until AT LEAST 10 days after receiving the new unit, FREE UNLIMITED DATA for the duration of my new contract since they sh*tty service only lets me use it half the time (without losing the grandfathered-in Unltd Data paid), or $700 credit towards my billing cycle.
I will tell them that if ONE MORE PERSON tells me "Well, we can give you a BRAND NEW RAZOR MAXX, but sorry, no Galaxy Nexus", that I will contact Samsung, VZW Corporate, and the Better Business Bureau immediately.

I am normally a person who avoids conflict, but I consider it only right to fight back when someone is bending me over like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.