Replacement Bionic Recertified

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by DRILLINDK, Jul 12, 2012.

1. JohnFH

JohnFH Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I agree 100%. I made another call to Verizon today, since I was once again seeing data drops. Last week, they told me that my warranty replacement would have to be another Bionic. Today, they agreed to send a CLN Droid Razr, which I'll receive on Tuesday.

#25 JohnFH, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. Low Saturn

Low Saturn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having issues with my CLN Bionic I received last Wednesday. After a year with my original Bionic, it would no longer charge and would connect/disconnect when connected to my computer. Figured out that the USB port of faulty. Went on Monday to a local Verizon store(a holiday) and received my replacement on Wednesday. My origianl Bionic had data drops, but only since the last update. I was just going to wait for the next update and hope it would fix the issue. But with the replacement Bionic, data drops are worse.

Plus it wont stay connected to Wi-Fi. It will connect to Wi-Fi, drop the connection, search, then find the same connection, then repeat. Doesnt matter where I am or the Wi-Fi I'm connected to. This one also has a problem with the screen. You know how when you touch a regular LCD screen and you can see a black spot or outline where you touch? My replacement Bionic's screen does this with normal light touches. My old Bionic and my brothers doesnt do this. And its not always around where you touch. Its usually in the center of the screen, about an inch long and 1/16 inch wide no matter where you touch the screen.

Going to be give them another call this afternoon.

3. andlamv

andlamv Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What a good post here...stop whining yall lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

4. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Question though.. Does getting a replacement phone under warranty (whether it be new or CLN) count as getting a new phone, therefore resetting a 2 year contract?

For example, I got my first Bionic in November of 2011, but I had to get a replacement in May I believe. Do I still get an upgrade from the November Bionic when the time comes or do I get an upgrade when the time comes for the replacement?

5. Tonik

Tonik Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    No, it does not count as a new phone. It does not change your contract in anyway and it does not change the date on your next 2 year refresh.

6. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Second question.. Just found this out 15 minutes ago...

So, we weren't told you *MUST* send back your phone if you get a replacement, we were told "we ask our customers if they could send back the old device once the new one has arrived...", they made it seem optional in the store. Here we are a few months later with this replacement and all of a sudden there's a $600 fee on the bill for not returning the old phone.

Can we return the old phone and will the fee be dropped? Or do we have to pay the fee no matter what?

7. JohnFH

JohnFH Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I asked Verizon for details about this when they sent my replacement Bionic. They said that the charge stays on the bill until the phone is returned.

8. hAHAha Halo

hAHAha Halo Member

Ratings:
    +7
    So as long as I send it in before it's time to pay the bill, the charges will be dropped?

9. DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After about four hours on the phone with both Motorola and Verizon last week. I finally spoke with a Verizon representative willing to replace my Bionc with a cln Razr. I wanted the Razr Maxx, since I had the extended batter with the Bionic, and the Razr Maxx has similar batter capicity. They would only offer me the Razr, but did state that they would call me this week to see how I like the Razr.

To be honest, I feel like I traded one problem (4g dropage) for another problem (terrible battery life). I can't keep the phone charge throughout the day and it's usually dead by two or three in the afternoon. I going to tell them I want the Razr Maxx again and see if something can be worked out. This is just getting so frustrating.

10. vatothe0

vatothe0 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This is exactly why they should just send you the model you already have.

11. JohnFH

JohnFH Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The charges should be dropped after you return the phone, but I don't know how their timing works.

12. Low Saturn

Low Saturn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm on my third Bionic now. See post #26 about Bionic #1 and 2. This one doesnt drop data as much as #2, but still worse than #1. But my newest Bionic also has unlimited battery life. When I first got it, I swapped a fully charged battery into it and immediatly the replacement phone said I had less than 15% battery left. Lost 85% of its charge to swap it and power up the phone :blink:. Took about 10 hours on the charger to get it to 100%. Its been at 100% since. I had it off the charger for 16 hours yeaterday, 100% all day. Now its been off the charger the charger for about six hours. Battery still at 100%.

Search tags for this page

certified like new bionic