Replacement Bionic Recertified

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
My CLN was not really tested.. Has the headphone jack issue where it thinks I'm pushing buttons when I don't even have buttons on my headphones. So I downloaded an app to stop it, but the headphones jack still has its issues.

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Bionic #3 was being shipped to me today. They offered to replace my Bionic with a Thunderbolt. I LOL at that one... Gee thanks Verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
ya i don't like replacement phones my thoughts on those are your just getting someone elses problem so your trading one problem for another but sometime you just have no choice i was lucky with my bionic my first one was under the 14 day policy cause my wifi would work so i got a brand new out of the box one but most of the time if i can deal with it or its nothing serious i leave it alone and hopfully just buy a new upgrade phone weither it be out right or at an upgrade price, (although now with verizions new share everything plans:furious: i won't be getting upgrade prices anymore)

OP
DRILLINDK

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
Bionic #3 was being shipped to me today. They offered to replace my Bionic with a Thunderbolt. I LOL at that one... Gee thanks Verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Sooo, I've been on my 4th cln Bionic for a few weeks now. Still having the same issues. I have spoken to a Verizon technician on the phone, and have escalated the problem with Motorola now. I'm waiting to be contacted by Motorola to see what they can do to resolve the problem. What a nightmare this has been!

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
DRILLINDK said:
Sooo, I've been on my 4th cln Bionic for a few weeks now. Still having the same issues. I have spoken to a Verizon technician on the phone, and have escalated the problem with Motorola now. I'm waiting to be contacted by Motorola to see what they can do to resolve the problem. What a nightmare this has been!

Feel for ya, sorry man!

Tonik

Reaction score
DRILLINDK said:

Stay on vz's back. They are the ones that will bend policy and get you into a different model if that is what you want.

JohnFH

Reaction score
Tonik said:
Stay on vz's back. They are the ones that will bend policy and get you into a different model if that is what you want.

I agree 100%. I made another call to Verizon today, since I was once again seeing data drops. Last week, they told me that my warranty replacement would have to be another Bionic. Today, they agreed to send a CLN Droid Razr, which I'll receive on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my CLN Bionic I received last Wednesday. After a year with my original Bionic, it would no longer charge and would connect/disconnect when connected to my computer. Figured out that the USB port of faulty. Went on Monday to a local Verizon store(a holiday) and received my replacement on Wednesday. My origianl Bionic had data drops, but only since the last update. I was just going to wait for the next update and hope it would fix the issue. But with the replacement Bionic, data drops are worse.

Plus it wont stay connected to Wi-Fi. It will connect to Wi-Fi, drop the connection, search, then find the same connection, then repeat. Doesnt matter where I am or the Wi-Fi I'm connected to. This one also has a problem with the screen. You know how when you touch a regular LCD screen and you can see a black spot or outline where you touch? My replacement Bionic's screen does this with normal light touches. My old Bionic and my brothers doesnt do this. And its not always around where you touch. Its usually in the center of the screen, about an inch long and 1/16 inch wide no matter where you touch the screen.

Going to be give them another call this afternoon.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Question though.. Does getting a replacement phone under warranty (whether it be new or CLN) count as getting a new phone, therefore resetting a 2 year contract?

For example, I got my first Bionic in November of 2011, but I had to get a replacement in May I believe. Do I still get an upgrade from the November Bionic when the time comes or do I get an upgrade when the time comes for the replacement?

Tonik

Reaction score
Question though.. Does getting a replacement phone under warranty (whether it be new or CLN) count as getting a new phone, therefore resetting a 2 year contract?

No, it does not count as a new phone. It does not change your contract in anyway and it does not change the date on your next 2 year refresh.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Second question.. Just found this out 15 minutes ago...

So, we weren't told you *MUST* send back your phone if you get a replacement, we were told "we ask our customers if they could send back the old device once the new one has arrived...", they made it seem optional in the store. Here we are a few months later with this replacement and all of a sudden there's a $600 fee on the bill for not returning the old phone.

Can we return the old phone and will the fee be dropped? Or do we have to pay the fee no matter what?

JohnFH

Reaction score
hAHAha Halo said:
Second question.. Just found this out 15 minutes ago...

So, we weren't told you *MUST* send back your phone if you get a replacement, we were told "we ask our customers if they could send back the old device once the new one has arrived...", they made it seem optional in the store. Here we are a few months later with this replacement and all of a sudden there's a $600 fee on the bill for not returning the old phone.

Can we return the old phone and will the fee be dropped? Or do we have to pay the fee no matter what?

I asked Verizon for details about this when they sent my replacement Bionic. They said that the charge stays on the bill until the phone is returned.