How do I get the Bionic replaced with a Razr???

viper2ko

Reaction score
I've called verizon and complained about data problems. They replaced it once with a recertified bionic, and now this guy is opening a network tech ticket. What are people saying to get there bionics switched out?

NoClue48

Reaction score
I've called verizon and complained about data problems. They replaced it once, and now this guy is opening a network tech ticket. What are people saying to get there bionics switched out?

I, for one, am staying with my Bionic...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You install ICS on your Bionic and make it better than a RAZR. .247 is a nice build, and you can even root it and install a working Jelly Bean ROM.

nolan533

Reaction score
I got my Bionic replaced with a RAZR.
If you are still under warranty keep calling and complaining about the same problem. I had to go through 3 CPO bionics and than they offered me eather a resound or a RAZR.
The bionic in a good phone and I hope they get the problems sorted out but I have been happier with the RAZR.

striker85

Reaction score
I might be going this route. My problem is legitimate, too. The earpiece on the Bionic has systematically blown out for no apparent reason. I'm on my third which has the same problem, yet again, and am going through the ticket process now.

JohnFH

Reaction score
viper2ko said:
I've called verizon and complained about data problems. They replaced it once with a recertified bionic, and now this guy is opening a network tech ticket. What are people saying to get there bionics switched out?

My experience was similar to Nolan's. Verizon sent one replacement Bionic and a new SIM card. When I still had data drops, I called and asked about receiving another model. They said that they could only send another Bionic. I called one week later, and they offered a Razr. The Razr has been fantastic.

OP
V

viper2ko

Reaction score
I like the Bionic, but gingerbread is awful and I'm tired of being crapped on by Verizon and Moto. I'd rather get a Razr knowing Verizon and Moto will continue to update it and support it. Not to mention my Bionic does have data issues like many others, but I'm tired of calling for hours and going through the same troubleshooting. Just want a Razr and have this all be over. The guy said he would discuss another model after this ticket with the network guys

JohnFH

Reaction score
I hope that you're able to get a Razr as a replacement. Continued persistence should pay off for you.

OP
V

viper2ko

Reaction score
I had forgot about that JohnFH
I had to get a replacement Sim card also

They gave me a sim car at first, still didnt fix anything. Next step they send out a refurbished phone

JohnFH

Reaction score
nolan533 said:
I had forgot about that JohnFH
I had to get a replacement Sim card also

Yeah, we went through quite a few steps, didn't we? I would have loved to have kept my Bionic, but the data drops were horrendous. I did have a sound glitch with the Razr (known issue after ICS update), but a factory data reset took care if it.

OP
V

viper2ko

Reaction score
Well they're overnighting a RAZR to me to replace the Bionic. Pretty happy. I didn't want to ask for the Maxx since I wanted the thinnest possible phone and the Nexus is too outdated.