Replace Kernal W/O ROM

Reaction score
Is it possible to replace the kernal on the droid 2 to one that supports wifi tether without installing a full ROM? If not is there any roms available that are not blurless and fairly close to stock?

Reaction score
I will testify that Squidlys ROM is bugless and perfect. Great developer, very involved with the community. Id highly recommened his full blur rom to you in this instance. There's a ton of us willing to help with any questions you have over in droid 2 roms/squidlymandingo. Try it out, you will be glad you did. Read the thread for his newest ROM, it will sway your decision :)

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

OP
T
Reaction score
I will testify that Squidlys ROM is bugless and perfect. Great developer, very involved with the community. Id highly recommened his full blur rom to you in this instance. There's a ton of us willing to help with any questions you have over in droid 2 roms/squidlymandingo. Try it out, you will be glad you did. Read the thread for his newest ROM, it will sway your decision :)

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Personally I have the X but I have a bunch of family who got the 2 and I'm helping them out. I definitely am an advocate for custom ROM's but people get used to one thing and don’t like change, lol. It sounds like this ROM will be perfect.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes. Currently there is only on working rom for the d2g and its fission.

tappin and a talkin

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As long as the bootloader is locked you will not be able to touch the kernel